┃I will not be intimidated, part two

Meanwhile, Elvis was driving the limousine with Charlie Hodge and the chauffeur Jerome. Elvis was in a really terrible mood as they drove to the airport.

Tomorrow he had professional obligations and he needed to focus on it, but it was hard with his own daughter on his mind. Yes, Gladys, not Lisa.

Now Gladys was his obsession like Dixie and Patti used to be. It was only his blood, which was eluding him because of a certain young star.

I will not let the feeling develop between them. If I have to, I'll eliminate the bastard. After all, I have already killed once.

He looked down at his hand, where he had a gold ring on his ring finger, and he clenched it into a fist, imagining that it was strangling Gladys' lover.

Patricia was sitting in a rocking chair holding little Gladys. She was dressed in a white nightgown, her long blonde curls running down her shoulders.

Patti sang sweet and looked at her daughter. It was a little miracle that changed everything - she knew that one day they would leave this cursed place and live in peace and happiness.

Away from the man who still feared and disgusted Patti. She was singing as the door opened softly and she heard footsteps. She did not look up and did not stop singing - she knew who had entered.

—What a lovely sight. — Elvis closed the door and walked over to the chair. He leaned on its headrest and looked down at his wife and daughter. —Maybe now it's my turn and I will sing to our princess? What do you say, Patricia?

—You don't have to — Patti whispered and continued to sing. After Gladys had fallen asleep, she got up from her chair and kissed her and laid her in the crib. The colorful dolphin carousel moved as Patti stood over the crib, leaning against its edge.

Then she felt hands on her shoulders and heard Elvis whispering in her ear:

— The sight of a toddler like that is wonderful. Maybe we'll try to get a second one? — He touched her belly with his hand, but she pushed his hand away. — Don't you want another baby with me? You have no choice because only I can impregnate you, no other man will, you know that.

Patti wanted to leave, but he gripped her tightly. She was standing there, and he said softly:

— We will go to our bedroom now, wife, and we will start trying for another child. What do you think of son? Elvis Junior?

— Or maybe it will be a daughter? — Patti forced herself to look at him. — This time I will choose the name and it will be Dixie.

—Never in my life — Elvis pushed Patti hard, causing her to fall. The woman clenched her fists - somehow the child did not wake up. Elvis took a deep breath and grabbed his wife's arm. He picked it up and hissed:

—My child will never be named after your damned sister or yours. And you'd better not upset me.

—It'll be a miracle if Gladys doesn't inherit your mental illness — Patti blurted. — That's why I'll never give you a second child. Maybe ask a mistress or Cilla, huh?

Elvis grabbed her chin and said:

— Shut up, just keep quiet.

Then he grabbed her arm and led her out of the nursery. He led her down the hall to their bedroom - as they passed the maid, the woman looked sympathetically at it all and shook her head.

Patti wanted to break free, but Elvis pressed her against the wall and hissed:

— Try to make a scene and you will regret it.