┃You have my support

September 4th, 1984., Neverland, Santa Barbara, California.

Gladys rested her hands on the balcony railing and took a deep breath. She stared at the views of Neverland, trying to push aside thoughts of the accident on the set of a Pepsi commercial.

She was disappointed that Michael wouldn't let her go in the ambulance. His manager, Frank, drove her to the ranch where Katherine and Rebbie, Michael's mother and sister, were waiting.

Surrounded by his close women, she waited to hear from Frank about how Michael was feeling.

It was a very unpleasant three hours - Katherine finally got a call saying that Michael was feeling better, but he had severe burns on his head and was on strong painkillers.

Gladys was touched by his state of health, but at the same time felt reassured that Michael would somehow manage. She sat up and cried out with relief. Rebbie patted her on the back and Katherine said:

— Everything will be alright, darling, you'll see ...

Michael was brought home this morning. Gladys was waiting for him along with Rebbie, Katherine, and Jermain, one of Michael's brothers.

As the door opened and he walked in, accompanied by Frank and two bodyguards carrying his belongings, Gladys saw that Michael had a bandaged head. As he removed his sunglasses, he waved to his mother, siblings and Gladys:

— My dear, as you can see, I'm still alive.

—Very funny boy — Katherine walked over to him and put her hands on his shoulders. She kissed him lightly on the cheek and whispered. — How could that have happened, after all ...

—Mrs. Jackson — Frank said firmly but gently. Katherine took the hint and stopped. She looked at her son and smiled slightly. Michael winked at his mother and then his eyes fell on Gladys.

—Tinkerbell — he began and walked over to her. Tears ran down the girl's cheeks, and he wiped them with his finger.

—I was afraid for you — she whispered, and he smiled at her. He kissed her head, and Jermaine frowned.—It looked so terrible ...

— Yes, but I survived — Michael explained. —And I'm with you ... with you.

As they took off a light meal together, a doctor suddenly appeared to do additional tests for him. Katherine showed Gladys to her room, and Frank and the doctor were with Michael.

Not knowing why, Gladys felt uneasy. She didn't trust doctors who hovered around famous people, even if they had real intentions to help. It didn't end well with her father.

At the mention of Elvis, she took a deep breath. She hadn't had contact with him for a long time, and she didn't want to, though a part of her missed the father she loved.

But that was the past - Elvis' illness had made him worse. Was there any chance they would have a good relationship again?

Because of Dr. Nick and the Mafia boys, Elvis almost lost his life. When he recovered, he fought for his own health and was simply there for his daughters.

After a while, Michael came to Gladys himself. When she heard the door open, she turned to see her man come in with a bandage on his head. Dressed in pajamas, he smiled at her.

—The doctor has good news — Michael explained as he stepped inside. —I have a week of convalescence and it will be time only for us.

Gladys smiled weakly and walked over to him. She put her hands on his shoulders and kissed him carefully on the lips. He touched her blonde hair and looked deep into her eyes.