26

chapter twenty-six

A/N: second book in and I never actually gave a faceclaim but when i first started writing this i imagined a character with similar physical characteristics to akame!

after the fall of the Dai Li, the Order of the White Lotus liberated the Earth Kingdom Capital. there were many who were happy to be free, but like all places, there were those who resented this change. they consisted of the remaining soldiers who refused defeat along with nobles and other civilians.

their base was the underground fortress of the Dai Li. and their leader was a fierce and powerful noble by the name of Jianjun. before the war, he owned all of the weaponry shops in Ba Sing Se, and was the man who trained the Earth Kingdom soldiers in battle techniques. he is undeniably loyal to his Kingdom, and seeing what his home as come to set his soul ablaze.

Jianjun is one of the few people in the world who knows of Yanmei's true origin. and like the others who have come before him, he wants her power. what makes him different from the others is that his family has worshipped the spirit Xuan Yige for generations, so he does not see her as a tool for domination, but instead sees her as an all powerful being, one who will aid him in taking back his city, his Kingdom.

this army of one thousand members call themselves Alzitan. they wish to awaken Xuan Yige and use that power to drive out all those who oppose them and bring Ba Sing Se to its former state.

Jianjun knows well that Xuan Yige was created to become the Avatar's protector, the one who slays all enemies so that the Avatar can be the light of the world, and that is why she is the perfect person to help them. because if the Avatar happened to be in danger, Xuan Yige would be there to rescue them.

and after 3 years of preparation, the time has come for Alzitan to complete their mission.

+++++++++++++++++++

Yanmei isn't a fan of war. she despises it. she has been battling her entire life, so it's no surprise that after all this time she wishes to take a break from fighting and just live a normal life.

having a family didn't work out, they died. same with her newborn child. the only option left for Yanmei is to be with her friends and her boyfriend. though she wants to badly, she fears to call them her family. bad things have happened to those who she called family, so for now they are her comrades, her friends that she adores.

she cannot let herself be swallowed by grief for any longer. what has been done is done, you cannot raise the dead, and there are still many who are living.

she does not wish to be apart of the council like Sokka and the others, but instead wishes to help in other ways. a peaceful manner of things. perhaps she could help Tooh with her police force and patrol around the town, helping old folk take their buyings home, help out at the harbor, take a couple small delivery jobs, the possibilities she can choose from in this new era is endless.