1

chapter one 

chapter one 

a woman stood on the shore of the sea in front of her with a smile as her daughter giggled and spoke in awe over the beautiful sunset. the soft crashing of the waves sounding so peaceful to the young girl, she turned to her mother and grabbed her hand.

"let's get daddy! I want him to see the pretty sky!" she giggles.

her mother nods, "that's a wonderful idea, Hira!" she smiles and the two girls run through the sand laughing. the mother suddenly stopped when she sees a figure laying beside a large pile of rocks in front of the cliff. she slowly walks over to the figure and sees its a girl, barely the age of 17. the woman gasps and crouches down beside the girl and sitting her up straight against the rocks.

she turns to her daughter, "go get daddy, sweetheart. I need to help this girl" the 6 year old nods and runs back to the house, luckily it was close to where they found the girl.

the mother raises her hands above the girl stomach and moves them around slowly, making her way up to the girls mouth then pulls her hands back so all of the sea water could escape her lungs, allowing her to breathe. the girl sits up with a gasp and coughs up the remaining water. she looks around at the unfamiliar beach. she furrow her eyebrows, how did I get here? she asked herself. the last thing I remember is Azula shooting lightning at...

"oh my agni" the girl breathes. the woman gives her a puzzled look and noticed how red her eyes were and the lack of sun on her skin, wondering how a possible fire nation girl was washed up on earth kingdom soil.

"is everything alright, darling? do you remember anything about how you got here?" the woman asks.

the girl nods, her memories suddenly flooding back at once, "yes... I do" she says with a slight laugh, remembering how crazy her life had been recently, but her laugh turns into coughs and a groan in pain. the spot where Azula had hit her needed to be healed immediately.

the woman smiles softly and holds out a hand to the girl, "why don't you come with me where you can get some warm tea and clothes. I can help heal you and you can tell me everything"

the girl returns a smile and grabs her hand, "thank you, miss...."

"call me Daria" the woman says, "and what night your name be?"

the girl hesitates for a second. should I say my real name or make a new one? I could start new... people in the fire nation knew me as Yanmei, the orphaned girl who blood bended the fire princess and was banished with the prince. I'm not known well in the Earth Kingdom. here I could start over.

the girl makes up her mind, "my names Manami. Manami Lin"

++++++++++++