Moonlight

*all chapters from now on have not been edited yet so may be confusing and/or not make sense to what has happened previously. Read the notice at the beginning of the story.*

"So," You choked, "You're really seeing someone?"

Your heart churned, throbbing in a harrowing, agonising pain. Suddenly, looking into the eyes of your Captain seemed impossible.

The older man hesitated for a moment. His greying, tired eyes squinted once again whilst he attempted to configure your thoughts. Levi contemplated for a minute.

"Y/N?"

"What?" You responded, admittedly sharper than intended.

"I only asked you that question hypothetically," Levi rolled his eyes back with a huff: "I was curious about how you would react, that's all."

"That wasn't nice," The sickly, throbbing in your stomach swiftly became replaced by a churning, frustration: "Why do you care about my reaction?"

"Why do you care if I'm seeing anyone?" He quickly answered you back.

You stammered upon your words.

"You can be so difficult, Levi." You shut the brooding man off, struggling to accomplish a response, "Please, just forget that I even asked you in the first place! It doesn't matter."

Despite refusing to spare him a glance, you could clearly hear the Captain sighing to himself.

"Y/N. Look at me."

You were surprised by the gentleness of Levi's voice: his tone was quiet, his calm expression was genuine. Levi gently used the crook of his elbow to nudge your torso.

"I'm not seeing anyone." The ebony-haired Captain continued, "I wouldn't be sleeping with you if I was - that's not the type of person that I am. And, besides, I've already told you that I don't plan on getting into a relationship."

"Oh!" You tried to hide your relief, however, failed and it consequently became plastered across your face.

"Oh?" Levi's fingers stumbled through his undercut, pushing his ebony hair away from his pretty-face, "Why does Hange think that I'm seeing someone? And, more importantly, why did they tell you?"

Slipping the bottle of expensive wine from his grasp, and, into yours: you began to briefly explain Hange's theory. His expression swiftly changed with each sentence; disgust; confusion; irritation.

Taking a swig from the bottle, you exclaimed: "Hange also told me that you were murmuring a woman's name whilst you were asleep in your office! They couldn't exactly remember the name, but, believed that it started with the letter 'y'."

Your Captains eyes widened.

Not noticing, you casually continued: "I don't actually know of anyone's whose name begins with a 'y'. Apart from Yelena, that is; is she your secret-lover?"

A gentle laugh slipped out from your teeth whilst Levi groaned in disgust, "I can assure you, I'm not having an affair with Yelena."

"I gathered that, she doesn't exactly seem like she would be your type. Although, you do seem to have a preference for women that are taller than you."

"Are you referring to yourself?" Levi softened his voice, leaning his body closer in your direction.

"Would I be wrong if I was?"