21"

1 month later

My suitcase was packed, my camera charged, and my memory cards prepared. I was nervous but mostly excited. Almost two weeks on the road with Ashton and the other boys, 10 shows to photograph. Ryan would be at all of them as well, so I had a back-up if anything didn't work out. Sav would be at the two LA shows. The boys had gotten her backstage passes, which Calum was very happy about. I agreed to live with them on their tour bus instead of the staff bus. Well, mostly Ashton convinced me to, because that meant cuddles every night, and even though we don't talk about it, we both know that we slept better since we spent the nights together. I was really excited to experience life on tour with them, even if it was only 10 dates. We would meet up at the venue and after the first concert I would stay at Ashton's until we eventually get on the tour bus after the second show.

"Hazel's here!", Luke yelled, when I arrived backstage in their dressing room. 

"Luke's more excited to see me than my own boyfriend is.", I joked, but hugged everyone hello, kissing Ashton shortly. 

"Trust me, he's not.", Ashton whispered close to my ear, and I saw the smirk he had on his face. 

"Oh, shut up, you've got a show to play.", I replied, and looked over at Michael and Luke playing FIFA, yelling at each other, while Calum ran around shirtless, searching for a fresh one desperately. 

"I would have thought you were at least a bit nervous since you haven't played shows in so long.", I stated, but Ashton shook his head. 

"Trust me, we are nervous, that's why they're yelling at each other, and he forgot he packed a fresh shirt in his bag over there. I'll wait another 10 minutes until I tell him.", he replied, and I laughed, feeling bad for Calum. 

"What about you though?" 

"I'm fine, at least until shortly before the show starts. You'll get used to our routines after the first shows." He was probably right, and since they would be starting soundcheck soon, I prepared my camera, double checking everything. I would be taking pictures of them during soundcheck but also of the fans during the Q&A part. Ryan was already outside, shooting some material for the short videos he puts on YouTube for each show. I have to admit I was a bit anxious about getting out there to see and meet the fans. I mean, it's inevitable that some would ask me questions. I just hope they'll be mostly nice. I'm still not used to ignoring the hate.

I wished all of them good luck, pressed a short kiss to Ashton's lips, lingering a little longer when he pulled me back by my waist, and made my way to the stage. There were already about 100 fans inside, waiting anxiously for their idols to come on stage. I liked the atmosphere of this venue. There wouldn't be too many people tonight, really intimate shows, just like they wanted it. Soon enough the boys walked on stage, the fans, mostly girls, started screaming, but quieted down, when Ashton motioned for them to calm down. I smiled at him and started taking pictures.

The soundcheck lasted for about half an hour. I took lots of pictures of the boys and the fans, and I loved seeing them all so happy to interact with them. There were a few rude comments, but I managed to ignore them because everyone else was so loud anyway. I walked back to their dressing rooms, greeting tour staff on the way. I knocked on the door and opened it, revealing all four of them jumping around like maniacs, while Nickelback was blasting through the speakers. I did expect something like this to happen. 

However, I thought they would keep it down until shortly before the show, but it looks like they won't stop for another hour until the show started. I stood in the doorway, watching them, and considered filming the scene in front of me, but decided against it. I would get enough chances to film their weird behavior and give the fans something to laugh about. This time I just enjoyed seeing Ashton and all of them so careless, so happy. Forgotten were the stressful days at the rehearsal, the disappointment when something didn't work, Ashton's pain I felt after that one day when nothing worked and his insecurities about his talents shining through for one afternoon. All there was left was excitement for the upcoming shows, to see their fans singing and dancing along.

---

"This was fucking insane!", Ashton exclaimed, running backstage. I had photographed the last bit of the concert from the back, while Ryan went out front into the crowd. So, when the show was over, I was there to welcome the boys. Ashton came running right towards me, lifting me up and spinning me around before setting me down and planting a sweaty kiss on my lips. 

"You were all so great! It was amazing seeing you from this side of the stage.", I replied excitedly. I cannot believe I now get to witness this every night, experience their energy from backstage and getting to capture it. I looked down the hallway when I heard Sav's voice yelling Calum's name. I knew she was at the show, but I didn't know if she was gonna come backstage or just meet up tomorrow. But here she was, running towards Calum, who opened his arms, hugging her tightly despite being sweaty from the show. 

"When did this happen?", asked Luke quietly beside me, and I shook my head. I didn't know. But then again, we hadn't talked a lot these past weeks. We all walked back to the dressing room, Calum and Sav talking excitedly about the show. I smiled at the sight of those two being so close. Whatever this was or will be, it would be good for both of them.   

---------------

A.N.: finally an update, I know it took forever and sadly i can't promise it to be more frequent even though I hope I can get back in the habit of writing, but sometimes life happens (and uni haha :D) hope you like it though xx