a friend who overhyped it

❀•°•═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════•°•❀

YOUR POV

It's raining now. It would probably stop in a few hours. It doesn't rain for long.

I let out a sigh and looked toward the teacher who was writing out notes. I started writing out my notes.

"psst"

I looked over to my side to see my classmate, Takahashi, Royal, sitting beside me and leaning over the side of her desk.

She has a round face, chubby cheeks which were scattered with tiny acne scars, a pink flower pin on each side of her shirt brown hair with the ends slightly curled.

"Did you finish the book that I gave you?" And unfortunately, she's my best friend. I leaned over towards her and gave out a whisper in response.

"No, I'm so close to dropping it" Don't get me wrong, she's a great friend. But after being friends over the years, she can be a bit much.

"Huh?! You just started and you want to give up?!" I look over at the teacher who had stopped once Royal started talking loudly. I sat up straight and looked forward with pen in hand like I'm ready to write. The teacher turned around to see who talked during note-taking.

"Not.a.single.noise" The first and final warning the teacher gave us for the day.

- 𝖫𝖴𝖭𝖢𝖧 -

"I can't believe you almost got the entire class in trouble" I shook my head while getting out a sandwich.

"Almost, and I couldn't help it once you said you were going to drop the book" Royal took the fork out of her mouth and pointed it right at me with a frown.

"Close, plus the main character terrifies me, why is he so mean for no reason?" I mocked her tone and threw my hands up once I mentioned the main character.

"It's a really good book! Please, you have to keep reading it!" She then started to put her hands together in a praying formation.

"Oh geez, okay I'll read it to the end" I roll my eyes at her and took a bite out of my sandwich.

"YIPPE!!" Jumping out of the chair with a sudden burst, I quickly try to hide for associated with her.

"Keep it down, would cha? Also if you hype this book up only for it to suck, you're paying for my drink for a week" I picked up my favourite drink from the vending machines and drank out of it.

"Mhm mhm! You won't be disappointed" She gave me a close eyes smile and a thumbs up.

-  𝖠𝖥𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖲𝖢𝖧𝖮𝖮𝖫 -

"I should've made it a month" I cursed myself as I closed the book.

Disappointed with the ending.

an: just wanted to introduce Royal! Also now looking back to the ending of 'Crash' it kinda sucked