secret weapon

❀•°•═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════•°•❀

YOUR POV:

We went up to the assistance of the book hunt who were passing out the papers for the first activity. After grabbing onto one of the papers, we all huddle together with Yamaguchi in-between me and Roy, and Tsukishima slightly peering down between me and Yamaguchi's shoulders.

"Jewelry making at St. Rocks Forests, best jewelry wins" Yamaguchi read out loud what was on the paper before folding it up and putting it in his back pocket.

"We just need to make jewelry, huh, that doesn't sound hard" I turned my head slightly to look over at Tsukishima who started talking before stopping myself once I realized how close we were to each other. I stopped breathing in surprise to see our cheeks were just centimetres away from touching each other

"I'm going to make hair pins! And make them super dazzlingly! How about you [ YN ]?" Roy leans backwards to face me. Wanting to know my answer, Tsukishima turned to face me but only stopped for a moment to see that it wasn't just our cheeks that were almost pressed together but our faces. His eyes grew wide as he went completely still. His lips parted just slightly before closing as his adam's apple moved.

"Ahem, I don't know yet, I was thinking of waiting for the requirements to be said before making my jewelry" I moved away from Tsukishima and leaned backwards to face Roy who nodded at my answer.

"Smart girl" I faced Tsukishima once I heard the compliment coming from him only to receive a nod and a small smile from him.

"Mhm, that's smart, [ LN ]!" Yamaguchi nodded in agreement.

"Thank you" The embarrassment started crawling through me at the sudden praise the two started giving me.

"Well, let's hurry up and get to St. Rocks River!" We all straighten up and started walking out of the park. The good thing about this is that everything is close by and there's no need for vehicles when we could easily walk. It was Tsukishima and Roy with Yamaguchi and me at the back.

"So Tsukishima, are you a basketball player?" Roy leaned towards Tsukishima as he looked down at her with an unamused face and a raised eyebrow.

"Is it because of my height?" Yamaguchi chuckled as both I and Roy looked over at him with a confused look.

"Tsukki isn't a basketball player, he's a volleyball player! He's in the starting lineup and the tallest middle blocker!" Tsukishima turned around to give Yamaguchi a look to stop. Roy looked at Tsukishima with an awed look.

"Woahhhh, you're the tallest one? Are you like the tallest one in our school?"

"Are you also on the volleyball team too, Yamaguchi?" I turn to question him as he sheepishly rubs the back of his neck.

"Heh, yea but I'm not on the starting line up, I'm a pinch server" Yamaguchi then scratched his cheek as Roy looks back at him with an even more awe look.

"No way, so you're like the secret weapon!"

"Huh?! No, I have no secret weapon" Yamaguchi looked down as I look over at Tsukishima who also turned around.

"Yea you do, you have your jump float serve"

"That sounds cool!" She started jumping slightly as I look over at Yamaguchi.

"What's that?" Yamaguchi looked up at me before looking off to the side.

"Oh it's where I serve and then the ball kinda "floats" in the air making it unpredictable for the opposing team" I shook my head as Roy silently squeal.

"You're a secret weapon! They put you in the game to mess with the opposite team! You're just right for a secret weapon!" Yamaguchi slightly turned red as he tried protesting again.

"She's right, even if it's one thing, it's the only thing you know how to do right?" Yamaguchi turned to me with a small nod. I and Roy look at each other and then at him with a knowing look on both our faces.

"Secret Weapon" We both look at each other before chuckling.

HIS POV:

Looking at Tadashi, I see he was in his head with a soft look on his face. Now looking at the two girls who were talking about who knows what, I was quite thankful for their praising and convincing for Tadashi.

Might have to keep them around for when Tadashi is in his slump.

an: some Yamaguchi appreciation 🥰 also happy New Years everyone! It's not New Year when I post this but I wrote this on New Year so