Meaningful Company (Himuro x Reader)

~ Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open
- John Barrymore

Himuro frowned slightly, sitting down on a bench outside. He had just narrowly evaded a group of well known fangirls.

He sighed, titling his head back as he closed his eyes, wondering why he of all people had to be the target of extremely hormonal girls. He just wanted to have one decent conversation with someone who wasn't trying to score a date with him.

He knew Murasakibara was out of the question. Not only because he was off buying various snack foods but because Murasakibara never really showed much of an interest in anything else.

He could text Kagami but he was in school too. It wasn't that Kagami wouldn't answer until after the fact, it was quite the opposite. And taking that plus Kagami's grades into account, Himuro decided not to bother him during his class.

Himuro stood up and stuck his hands into his pockets, walking slowly to the building. He passed several people on the way to his destination and to each one, he gave a small smile to.

He entered the library, seeing the 'Be Quiet' rule as a perfect excuse to not talk to anyone. He decided that it was better to be alone than to be surrounded by unwanted company.

Grabbing the first book off the shelf nearest to him, he sat down at an empty table and opened the book around the middle, staring down at the words without actually reading.

"Hey, Himuro-kun..."

He looked up to see you standing in front of him, a math book in hand. You sat down next to him and looked over at his book.

"Architectural Engineering... Hm, didn't know you were into that kind of stuff."

He glanced down at the page, skimming the print to find lengthy descriptions of drawing out construction plans for empty lots.

"Ah, well I'm not really interested in this stuff..."

You furrowed your brow, "You just wanted to study something new?"

He chuckled lightly, closing the book and then leaning on the table, his body turned to you.

"I see you're doing Calculus."

"Yeah, it was the homework that was assigned last class... Did you finish it?"

He nodded, "I found it to be quite easy."

"Easy for you to say!" you smiled brightly. "You're one of the top students in the class."

He moved closer and looked over at your paper.

"You miscalculated... Right here."

He pointed at your paper, explaining exactly where you went wrong. You nodded, erasing the work that was wrong and under his guidance, did the problem over again, getting the right answer this time.

"See?" he said after you finish the whole sheet. "All it takes is practice."

"Thanks Himuro-kun!"

He stared at you for a moment, forgetting his unhappiness from earlier. Why hadn't he noticed before? Around you, he could be himself. He could speak his mind without worrying about hurt feelings. You two often spoke about things as such, voicing things that had been troubling you or just messing around. He didn't feel as if it was his responsibility to be to smile and be nice to you if he didn't honestly mean it. But around you, his smile was genuine and not forced.

"Tatsuya" he corrected.

"Hm?"

"Call me Tatsuya, (f/n)."