You Mind Getting the Ball? (Kagami x Reader)

You skated down the sidewalk, enjoying the breeze that flowed through your (h/l) (h/c) hair. It was such a beautiful afternoon. The darkening sky, the quieting of the city... The-

Suddenly, a basketball rolled onto the sidewalk in front of you. Swerving to avoid the spherical object, you lost your balance and began to fall. You braced yourself for impact, your arms outstretched.

Before your body could hit the pavement, you felt long fingers wrap around your wrist, pulling you back to your feet.

"Heh, sorry about that!" a red-headed boy apologized, rubbing the back of his head as he gave you a nervous smile. "I guess it got away from me that time..."

You nodded, brushing invisible dirt off your pants, a little too embarrassed by the situation to actually look this red-head in the eyes.

"So uh... Do you mind getting the ball for us?"

Looking up, you realized that he was acting just as awkward as you were and that thought gave you more confidence.

You gave him a small smile and grabbed the ball, passing it to him.

"I guess not, seeing how I was almost killed by it."

His cheeks turned slightly red as he bowed his head in thanks.

"Can I get the name of the guy who's behind this failed assassination attempt?" you joked, enjoying how he squirmed ever so slightly.

"Taiga. Kagami Taiga..."

You smiled warmly and stuck out your right hand, "(l/n) (f/n)."

A/n
Thanks guys!

This is my first reader insert story. It'd be much appreciated if you could comment and vote!

~Saru-chan (/•^•)/