Together (Midorima x Reader)

~ We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Midorima watched you from a distance, a rather safe distance at that. Everyone in your class knew how much of a loose cannon your current boyfriend could be. And you yourself have experienced it first hand several times.

Midorima genuinely cared for your wellbeing, silently cursing your boyfriend every time he saw new bruises on you. He didn't quite understand why he cared so much, he couldn't tell for sure if you cared for him the same way.

He walked down the hallway, a few feet behind you and easily spotted fresh bruises on your arms seeing how he knew exactly where to find them.

Books in hand, you carefully made your way down the hallway, being sure not to bump into people as to avoid hurting your already painful injuries.

A group of underclassmen sprinted past you, a few of them running into your elbow, effectively knocking the books out of your hands.

Midorima stopped for a second before making his way around you, his heart throbbing. He knew he should have stopped and would have if you had given him some reassurance beforehand that you actually wanted him to help you. It absolutely wasn't enough that you often pleaded with your eyes. To him, you could have very well been extremely tired, heavily fatigued by the burden of dealing with your boyfriend. He needed to know for certain that you both shared the same emotions.

You stooped over to pick up your books, tears in your eyes as you glanced up at Midorima's retreating back.

Without thinking, you dropped your books once more and ran after him, unable to hide your feelings anymore. You felt scared, not one hundred percent sure that he would help you or even except you but you felt his moment of hesitation and somehow knew that he wouldn't just turn you away.

As you caught up with him, you grabbed the back of his jacket and buried your face into his back, tears streaming down your cheeks, burning from embarrassment and fear.

"(F/n)..." he said slowly as if just getting used to it rolling off his tongue.

You looked up as he turned around and embraced you, holding your head protectively to his broad chest.

"You don't have to be scared anymore. I'll pull you through, I promise..."

You nodded, clutching his jacket, holding onto his every word.

"Together" you muttered.