Stay Like This (Imayoshi x Reader)

Requested by hiyoko_katsuki
As I was writing the title I laughed because I pictured Imayoshi literally saying "I'm a Yoshi"

You walked slowly down the beach, hand in hand with Imayoshi. The dying sun reflected off the surface of the still, glass like water of the light blue ocean.

"Today was fun..." you murmured, stopping to turn to the ocean.

"Yeah, it was."

You two stood there in silence, letting the cool waves wash over your feet before returning back to their place in the ocean.

Imayoshi wrapped an arm around your waist as you rested your head on his shoulder, completely content with the world around you. You closed your eyes. You could honestly stay like this forever...

Imayoshi poked your side with a finger, unsure of whether or not you were awake still. You jumped, yelping as you slapped his hand away. He smirked, realizing in an instant that you were some what ticklish.

He poked you again, earning the same reaction to which he chuckled.

"Stop it, Shoichi!"

"Why should I?" he asked in a childish tone.

"Because I told you to!"

"That doesn't seem like a very valid answer to me..." Imayoshi answered, stopping nonetheless.

"You just love to piss people off, don't you?" you said jokingly.

"Why? Do I piss you off?"

A sly grin spread across his face as he leaned in and kissed you, pressing his soft, warm lips against yours. He kissed you gently, almost cradling you in his arms.

You pulled back moments later and gazed out at the sunset that painted the skies with a beautiful mixture of pink, orange, and yellow towards the horizon.

"I wish we could stay like this, Shoichi..." you whispered, taking in a deep breath of the salty sea air.

"We could" he answered, causing you to slowly face him. "We could be this way for as long as you wish..."

You tilted your head up and smiled brightly.

"Good. We'll stay like this forever..."

Imayoshi smiled back, a truly genuine smile that filled you to the brim with happiness.

"Okay (f/n)."