Wait Until I Get Home (Kagami x Reader) AU Agnst-ish(?)

If It Means A Lot To You- A Day To Remember ft. Sierra Kay

Jeremy McKinnon:
And hey darling,
I hope you're good tonight.
And I know don't feel right when I'm leaving
Yeah, I want it but no, I don't need it
Tell me something sweet to get me by,

Kagami smiled at the crowd, one of his band's biggest turn out on their tour this year. He pushed the curtain back into place before he walking back to one of the dressing rooms and pulled out his phone, dialing a number.

"Hello?" you answered to which Kagami grew happy. Before every concert, he would try to call you but often times, you wouldn't get to the phone in time to answer.

"Hey, (F/n)! Big turn out for this one!" he said excitedly.

You sighed on the other end, "Taiga, when are you coming home?"

"(F/n), you know I can't come home until..."

Cause I can't come back home till they're singing

La, la la la, la la la
Till everyone is singing

If you can wait till I get home
Then I swear to you that we can make this last
(La la la)
If you can wait till I get home
Then I swear come tomorrow, this will all be in our past
Well it might be for the best

"Please, (F/n)! Just wait until I get home" Kagami pleaded. "I swear, we'll have this worked out. You don't need to worry about anything! We'll be fine, it'll all be fine..."

Sierra Kay:
And hey sweetie,
Well I need you here tonight,
And I know that you don't wanna be leaving me
Yeah, you want it, but I can't help it.
I just feel complete when you're by my side,
But I know you can't come home till they're singing

La, la la la, la la la
Till everybody's singing
La, la la la, la la la

"Kagami, I'm tired of waiting!" you complained, a slight whine laced into your voice. "I simply can't wait for you to get home. I need you to be here, beside me... But you can't do that. You have Himuro, the band. I-I can't do this anymore, Kagami. Your voice just isn't enough for me..."

Kagami? Why were you calling him that now. His eyes widened upon realization. Perhaps you were subtly calling things off?

Jeremy McKinnon:
If you can wait till I get home
Then I swear to you that we can make this last
(La la la)
If you can wait till I get home
Then I swear come tomorrow, this will all be in our past
Well it might be for the best

Kagami sucked in a lung full of air, closing his eyes as he spoke, "Please, (F/n). Just hold on a little while longer. I'm begging you..."

On the other end, you bit your lip. You loved him, you really do but it's so hard to do just that when he's always so far away. You had made your decision, prior to his call. And even though it hurt you more than he thought it would, you couldn't turn your back on it now like you had since day one.

Sierra Kay:
You know you can't give me what I need
And even though you mean so much to me
I can't wait through everything

"Kagami, I told you I just can't. I can't wait that long for you to come home... For you to come back to me. Taiga... I love you but between the long tours and the months away from where you belong... I don't think I can handle anymore emotional torture... Goodbye Kagami Taiga, and good luck."

Jeremy McKinnon:
Is this really happening?
I swear I'll never be happy again.
And don't you dare say we can be friends
I'm not a boy that you can sway
We knew it'd happen eventually

You hung up, slowly clicking the end call button with the air and determination of finality. Previous to this call, you had promised yourself that you wouldn't cry; you'd only smile at the thought of your slow dying love for the tall male. You could only imagine what he was thinking...

Kagami tensed up, bringing the phone away from his face to look at the screen. Call ended. He never thought his relationship with you would have come to an end, nonetheless in a way such as this. He regarded it at cold; a walk in the middle of winter in soaking wet clothes. Needless to say, the feeling that your conversation had evoked was less than pleasant in his heart. But even he couldn't deny; over the past few months he felt the two of you growing distant, and not only in the literal sense.

"Taiga."

He looked up to see Himuro standing a few feet away.

"It's almost time to start" Himuro informed him, beckoning him over to the back of the stage where everyone was waiting patiently for his arrival.

He gave them a small smile and took his place, breathing hitching in his throat as the curtains rose and the audience cheered enthusiastically.

The band started playing the music and Kagami opened his mouth to sing:

La, la la la, la la la
Now everybody's singing
La, la la la, la la la
Now everybody's singing
La, la la la, la la la
(If you can wait till I get home)
Now everybody's singing
La, la la la, la la la
(Then I swear we can make this last)
Now everybody's singing

La, la la la, la la la
(If you can wait till I get home)
Now everybody's singing
La, la la la, la la la
(Then I swear we can make this last)
Now everybody's singing
La.