Chapter 1

In an old, quiet, dusty library, a certain blunette takes her time in reading an old book. She sat on a corner seat near an old-fashioned window that casts a warm yet pleasant sunlight in morning and shiny moonlight in evening. From this window, you will see a hundred-year-old cherry blossom tree that hasn't bloomed for years. Near her is a pup that is curled on its own body that sleeps as if it is waiting for its owner to stand from the dusty place.

She flips the pages, carefully so that the page won't come off. A gentle yet unseen smile is formed in her lips when she finished the entire book in a week. Her sky-colored orbs widen a bit when they glanced at the window and saw the amber-colored skies and the setting sun.

"Nigou, come." She pets the sleeping animal beside her and the latter woke up and jumped off the chair. Walking slowly, she placed the book that she used to it's own column. She, then, went out of the old library and walk towards the mansion of a certain family, the Akashi.

"Hitting the books again?" A certain tall redhead smirked when she walked inside the mansion. She glanced at the person who rests his back on the wall with his arms crossed on his chest. "Seriously, Kuroko, that dusty place is boring, so how can you stay there for six hours?"

"Kagami-kun, that place is not boring." She tucks her shoulder-leveled sky-colored hair to her ear and lifted Nigou up. "Punishment." She made the pup lick Kagami's cheek. Kagami froze when he felt the tongue of Nigou in his cheek. She chuckled when she saw her childhood best friend's teary eyes. Kagami hates dogs, while she loves them. He is tall while she is quite petite. They are polar to each other but that made their friendship last longer.

"Tetsurin." She looked at the shorter redhead that called her. Staring at him, she placed Nigou down and bowed her head. Kagami, too, bowed his head, even though he didn't want to.

"Akashi-kun."

Her name is Kuroko Tetsurin. The one that called her, is no other than Akashi Seijuro, the heir of the Akashi. This person is the one that saved her from the distress that she experienced. Eight years ago, she was abandoned by her family and this person took her and Kagami in. Akashi took her as a guest and her friend, Kagami, as her attendant. He is also the man that she loved.

"Taiga. I would like to talk to her, alone." Kagami flinched, paused a little, then started to walk away, with worry written all over his face. The former looked at the girl that was left in front of him. He held the tip of her hair that was lying beside her ear and kissed it, causing the blunette to be startled, though its not obvious to everyone--except Akashi. "Another day inside that old library. The papers are ready and you'll be attending the same school as me."

The latter just stared at him, emotionless. She suddenly altered her eyes away from the redhead and held Nigou closer to her. She let out a small sigh from her small, parted pinkish-colored lips.

"No one would want a 'Miss-know-it-all' as his classmate." She flinched and looked at the redhead, and was startled when the latter looked straight into her eyes. "It's better to read alone than to socialize with people who will just judge you." Tetsurin looked down as Akashi announces everything that runs in her mind. "It will only increase my debt to Akashi-kun. Your eyes tell it all, Tetsurin."

"Akashi-kun, please stop that." Tetsurin looked down as her monotone voice seem to betray her. She doesn't go to school nor outside the mansion. She is already happy with her life--silently reading the books that she want all through the day. "I don't want to--"

"You dare to oppose me, Tetsurin?" Akashi cut her off.

"I don't want to cause any more trouble to you, Akashi-kun."

Akashi smirked and suddenly placed his hands in both of her sides on the wall, cornering her. He started to move his face closer to the blunette, causing her to shut her eyes off and bite her lip.

She felt a warm breath in her neck that made her flinch."You are mine." Akashi whispered as then bit her in the side of her neck, making her gasp. "I can do whatever I want in you."

"Please don't tease me, Akashi-kun." She opened her eyes and looked down, carefully not to make eye contact to the redhead.

"Are you ordering me, Tetsurin?" She closed her lip in a hard line. Akashi knew that she is already upset even though she is emotionless. His eyes can see through her and the Tetsurin that he sees right now is pouting. He smirked in the idea.

"Why are you---" She was cut off when a pair of lips was pressed on hers. At first, she prevents the redhead from entering her mouth, but, she failed and the Emperor broke through. She tried to push him away but the redhead is stronger than her. As punishment for trying to push the latter, he kissed Tetsurin deeper, making the teary-eyed girl catch her breath when he parted himself.

Akashi brushed the blunette's hair to her ear and cupped her blushing cheek. "A bird in a cage." He kissed the tears that are forming in the corner of her eyes. "If I we're to be asked, I would prefer you being inside the mansion for the rest of your life, just like you do right now. But, it is needed for you to get your own diploma---even if you are a genius."

Tetsurin wanted to cry, but not in front of this person. She loved him yet she hated him at the same time. He is the only one that can make her into mess, just like this time. Her knees are like jellies and she thank the wall for giving her the support to continue in standing.

Akashi started to leave when he suddenly stopped and looked back at the girl. Tetsurin, who thought that Akashi would leave, slid down to the floor. "Tetsurin--" She felt embarrassed when he glanced back at her, for she sat on the floor and releasing Nigou who she has been carrying until now. "Y-yes, Akashi-kun?" The latter smirked and continued on what he is saying. "Call me Seijuro."

The blunette's eyes widen because of what she heard. For eight years, he didn't want it when she called him by his first name, saying that she is not good enough to call him that. Then.. Am I good enough now..? Her thought said. "S-seijuro-kun.."

"Call me that at school. You'll start attending on Monday."

"B-but--"

"We are on the same class, don't worry."

"A-akashi-kun, w-wai---"

"Seijuro."

Her lips pressed on a hard line, but still unseen. "Shortie." She mumbled. Cold ran down on her spine when she looked at the Emperor's face. She held her cheek when she felt a pierced sensation. Blood started to drip from the cut that she got from the scissor that was thrown towards her.

"Know your place." She just ran towards her room when Akashi left her. Tears are falling from her sad orbs.

--

So, how was it? Give me your feedbacks, please! Thanks. :D

-Aegirine