Chapter 22

So.. I haven't been updating recently.. And I'm really sorry for that. >.<

I was worried at my studies. I thought I will flunk one of my subjects! The results are out and I passed. Yay! *clap*

--

Autumn leaves began to fall from their tree branches as a familiar vehicle ran on the road. Silence enveloped the interior of the vehicle, with the scent of new and minty fragrance coming from its air conditioner.

Seated on the vehicle's passenger seat is a petite teal-headed young lady, her small spine laid on the backrest of the chair. With her chin on leaned on her right palm, she silently watched the warm-colored blades leave their twigs.

She flinched when she felt a warm hand held her left palm. While glancing towards the owner of the hand, Kuroko asked. "W-what is it, Akashi-kun?"

Seating on the driver's seat is a red-headed young lad, looking at the road as his left hand held the steering wheel and his other hand on the top of Kuroko's hand. He looked at the lady then back to the road. "Is everything alright? You don't look good."

"Yes. I was just thinking about things." Kuroko, awkwardly looking that their hands, but tries to remain emotionless.

Noticing this, Akashi took his hand off of Kuroko's and placed it on the vehicle's gear lever. "Things? Can you tell me?"

Biting her lower lip, Kuroko tried her hard to think about an answer. After a while, Kuroko was about to answer when she was interrupted by Akashi. "If you can't, its alright." Holding her cheek, Akashi smiled at her sincerely. "I'm not forcing you to answer me."

This made Kuroko guilty. She was about to lie to him when he saw through her. She also knew that its pointless to lie on him, yet she tried to. "S-sorry.."

"Don't be like that. It's alright." Akashi chuckled.

Silence.

"...you are thinking of extending our conversation right now." Akashi blurted, breaking the silence that had been with them.

"Huh?" Kuroko glanced fast. "U-uh.. Um.."

"Now, you're thinking of an excuse."

"I really hate it when you see through me, Akashi-kun." Quite annoyed, Kuroko finally got her voice.

Akashi then chuckled, "My apologies. Everyone's asleep and you're too silent." He glanced at his rear mirror to look at his other companions. "It bored me."

Hearing this, Kuroko looked at the back seats. Momoi was leaning at the window. Midorima was sleeping while seated stiffly. On their back was Murasakibara who was hugging a pillow. Kise who has a discomforted face because of Aomine's arm invading his place. And Aomine who was snoring loudly, sleeping like a starfish, while drooling. Kuroko chuckled because of the scene.

Akashi smiled secretly after hearing her chuckle, then a question popped in his mind, raising his curiosity. "Kuroko, may I ask you something?"

"You're already asking, Akashi-kun." Kuroko said, trying to piss Akashi off.

Akashi chortled, "You can't piss me that way." Kuroko sighed disappointingly. "Anyway, what did the doctor tell you before we left a while ago?"

Everyone was waiting for Aomine outside of the clinic. He arrived with their vehicle, honking from their back and shouting "Oi! The ride is ready! Come hop in!"