Chapter 9

"What happened here?"

"Akashi-kun/Akashicchi/Akashi" The four of them said. No one dared to talk, well, about the emperor's fiancee, that is.

"Answer me." Akashi's eyes gleamed, making them gulp for their lives.

"Kuroko's injured—" Midorima said, setting his chills aside. Akashi's eyes widen for a bit, and went back to their former. Midorima continued. "She lost blood and was left under the rain-nanodayo."

"Mmm.." Akashi's face looked cold, as always. He walked inside the room. Midorima just looked at him, studying his every move.

Akashi.. you..

An uninvited shade of darkness engulfed her sight as she lazily open her eyes.

She roamed her orbs around an dimly lit unfamiliar place that she slept at. Where am I..?

She was asleep on a king sized bed with black and white designs. The walls are painted mostly in white but some are grey. In front of her is a large glass window that reveals the city's night lights beneath her. The furniture are mostly in black—a simple yet elegant room.

She stood from the bed and walked towards the window and gazed in amazement. Her gaze went downwards and saw a familiar building. School gym..? Where am I, really?! Am I still at the school?

Now that she think about it, she didn't know anything else about the school. She didn't have the chance to loiter inside it. Akashi seem to forgot to hand her the school map. Nor did she knew their campus' chairman. Its as if she just barged into a remote island.

A lot of things ran in her mind. Unfamiliar clothes. Bandaged neck. Damp forehead from a warm towel. She remembered seeing Momoi, then, nothing. And now, here she is, staring down on her school. What happened after that..?

She felt a presence walked inside the room, with the click of the closing door. Hearing the footsteps closing in and seeing a reflection in the glass window, she glanced at the person.

"Sorry for causing trouble, Midorima-kun." She bowed.

"Yes, seriously-nanodayo."

Tetsurin looked at the window again. An awkward silence overwhelmed the room.

Midorima met Tetsurin in a garden in the mansion of the Akashi family. His parents were invited to attend a business dinner that was held in the Akashi family's mansion. He was asked to meet the next head of the family in young age so that they will have a good relationship with each other for the future of the Midorima family's group of hospitals.

He was playing shogi with Akashi in the latter's study when he heard a giggle from outside. A sweet and cheerful giggle that has the power to melt the heart of a child raised to be a parent's machine. They were 10 years old, then.

It was already time when Midorima talked again. "Kuroko, that wound—"

"Midorima-kun, what time is it?" She cut his sentence. He understood the meaning of her act.

"Quarter to two-nanodayo." He never brought up the topic about her wound after that.

"I see.. Then, why are you still awake?"

"I thought there is was a t-thief trying to sneak into the room. I-it's not like I'm w-worried about you. Don't assume-nanodayo." He stutter as he try to control his shyness.