Chapter 21.5

In a fully-lit room where the scent of mixed medicines is smelled and rustle of paper is heard, a certain green head groaned in pain. He sighed deeply, took his eyeglasses off and massaged his nose bridge. On his left hand are papers that had some written results and on his desk are the photographic scans that waits for verification. On his right side is a laptop that is active for about ten hours straight--which is when he started his work.

Working non-stop took a toll on his body. Exhaustion and stress are obvious on his face. He rested his back on his chair's backrest and slightly stretched his torso to loosen his pent up stresses. Closing his eyes to rest for a bit, he found himself thinking about a teal headed you lady, smiling at him, with her sweet voice echoing around the place, calling his name.

His daydream was interrupted when he heard a knock from the door. He clicked his tongue and composed himself. "Come in."

"Shintarou-sama, good morning." The doctor who gave the results of Kuroko said, bowing his head.

Midorima nodded. "Sensei, the results?"

The doctor walked toward the latter's working table and gently handed a piece of brown envelope that has something printed on it's upper left corner, namely 'Ms. Kuroko Tetsuya'. Right after the latter got the envelope, he opened it and took out a medical record from it. Wearing his eyeglasses swiftly, he scanned the said document with his eyes, absorbing every detail that was written on it.

Silently staring at the green head, the former cleared his throat, making Midorima glance at him. He smiled humbly, then gestured a nurse to come inside the room. Midorima, who is quite confused from the former's action stayed on his place, staring at him.

Pushing a tray cart in front of her, the nurse bowed, took two covered plates and a tea cup on the top of it and gently placed them on the latter's desk. Then, she took of the lids from the top of the plates. A light, fresh and soothing fragrance circulated inside the room as the nurse poured the tea using a tea kettle that is identical to the latter's cup. After pouring, the nurse bowed again and excused herself, together with the cart.

"Green salad, turkey breast and green tea." The doctor said. "Please take a rest, Shintarou-sama. You've been straining yourself since you came."

"Bunch of stress-relieving meals." Midorima glanced at the doctor then sighed. "I'm not stressed-nanodayo." He turned his swivel chair around, hiding his figure from the old man. The old doctor sighed silently, bowed and turned toward the door.

"..thank you." 

The latter glanced at the green-head after hearing him mumble. "Excuse me, sir?"

"I-I said that I'll be going out. Please serve the breakfast of the guests." Midorima said, with a slightly high-pitched voice.

The doctor chuckled softly and bowed. "You're welcome, sir." He, then, proceed in going out of the room. Shy as always, Shintarou-sama..

The greenhead that was left inside the room clicked his tongue.

"Oi. What are you doing-nanodayo?" Midorima asked filled with suspicion as he stare at the two figure that are standing in front of a door, with their ears on it.

Momoi and Kise jolted, slowly looked at the latter with mild sweats running on their faces. Few seconds after seeing him, the two sighed in relief then glared at him, making them even more suspicious.

"Geez! Don't scare us like that, Midorimacchi!" Kise whined. "Are you trying to kill us-ssu?!"

Midorima, who is still quite irritated because of the event with the doctor last time, clicked his tongue and sighed in annoyance with his irked face. "I'm asking you what are you doing-nanodayo."

"Huh? We are--"

"Shhh! Don't be noisy! I can't hear them!" Momoi snapped at the two with her low voice.

"Who are inside--"

"Oi, Satsuki! Do ya know where Akashi is? This big purple Barney here was tasked to call him." Aomine said loudly, cutting the question of Midorima.

"Dai-chan/Aominecchi, shhhh!" Momoi and Kise hissed with their ears sticked on the room's door.

"What are you.. Ah." Midorima glared at the two. "You're eavesdropping the conversation of Akashi and Kuroko, huh. What a disgraceful thing to see-nanodayo."

"What is that?! Ye'r eavesdropping?! Let me hear it, too!" Aomine said with a huge smirk plastered on his face. "Move it, Kise!"

"You're so mean, Aominecchi!" Kise whined.  

"Neeh, Sachin, do you have scissors?" Being ignored by the pinkette, Murasakibara shouted. "SACHII---!"

"Shh! I don't have one so stop shouting! Mou!" Momoi said with annoyance on her face.

"Kisechin--"

"I don't have one-ssu." The latter said, cutting the sentence off.

"Cheh! It's my birthday yet Akachin got all of the attention.." The lazy purple titan said with slightly pouted lips. He said that, trying to get everyone's attention, but, in the end, no avail, which made him irritated.

"Hey.. Akashi.. he's laughing.. I'm not hearing things.. right?" A certain dark-blue haired young man said. His face is pale and sweats of bullets are coming out of his body. 

"A-Aominecchi.. I-I think you're not hearing things.. I can also hear him-ssu.." Kise said with the same state as Aomine.

"Mou! Ki-chan and Dai-chan, don't be noisy! I can't hear what they're saying." Momoi said with her ear sticked on the door.

"Didn't I tell you that he's back yesterday? Are you really listening on me-nanodayo?" An angry green-haired said, fixing his eyeglasses.

"Midochin, do you have scissors? I can't open my snack~" Murasakibara said with his usual lazy tone.

"I don't have any-nanodayo."

"Tch. Why can't I come in to the room? You guys don't have scissors anyway!" Murasakibara said with himself on the edge. They've been there for a couple of minutes now and he is hungry.

Everyone looked at him with furious face and whispered in unison. "Shhhhhhhh!"

"Hmp! Everyone's a bakka." Murasakibara looked away and pouted.

--

Heya! Sorry for not being able to update for so long! Midterms just got finished yesterday, and I think I failed... =_______= I hope not.

I'll try to update this later. I hope I can finish it. REALLY SORRY!! TT^TT

Aegirine