【Part 18: Together】「Satoshi」

Chapter 18: Together

The drive was silent. The pain in my wrist made my head dizzy, and spin. I didn't know where Kazuo was driving us.

The car came to an abrupt stop, and I shot my eyes wide open. "Where are we?" I quietly asked.

"We are in the middle of the woods." He replied. I looked around, and he wasn't lying. I saw nothing, but tall tress surround the car.

"Why?"

"I didn't kill them." He mutters.

"Really now?"

"Yeah. I swear. I wouldn't do something like that." He sniffles. "I love your mother like my own. I couldn't do something so awful."

I didn't know what to believe. He is so aggressive, and violent so it was hard to come to a conclusion.

He gets out of the driver's seat, and enters the back where I was. He touches my face, and I started blushing. His golden eyes always got my blood flowing.

"Satoshi, believe me okay? I didn't do it." He stares into my eyes.

"How can I know you are not lying?" I couldn't banish the pain in my heart. I wanted to believe him, but I don't.

"Your friend Hiro did it."

"How can you say that?!"

"He is trying to frame me!" He gets angry.

"What...?"

"He wants you, and if I'm in jail, then he can get that. What don't you see? You think I would do something so crazy like that?"

"Yes I do." I knew he would.

"I honestly feel you should be on my side then some stupid kid."

"Well that stupid kid isn't abusing me or cheating on me."

"Ok I admit my wrong. Please forgive me." He holds my hand. I'm amazed he hasn't slapped me yet. I noticed the band aid on his nose, and I couldn't help, but think he looks so silly.

"Well whatever the detectives say will be the answer." I mumbled. "If I find out its you, then I can not forgive you."

"Fine, but it isn't me."

"Why are we here?" I felt my swollen wrist. It felt like hell, and beyond.

"I just wanted to be isolated." He looks out the window.

I suddenly got a call on my cellphone. I saw it was a number I didn't recognized. Quickly I answered. "Hello?"

"We need you to come down to the station." I knew the voice was the detective.

"Okay." I hung up. I looked over at Kazuo. He has a small smile on his face which felt inappropriate at the moment. "Why are you smiling?" I made a look of disgust at him.

"Nothing. Just you are quite a charmer."

"What?" I was confused.

"Nothing. Need to go down to the station huh?"

"Yeah..." I didn't want to question how he knew so I just shut my mouth, and he drove down to the station.

We arrived at the station, and Kazuo lets me out without uttering a word. He drove off. I could still feel my wrist pulsating. I knew it was broken. I will handle it after.

I walked through the doors, and two police officers grabbed me by my shoulders.

"What's going on?!" I hollered feeling scared by the sudden grabbing.