【Part 26: Closer】「Satoshi」

Chapter 26: Closer

Hiro was taken in to the interrogation room. I stood behind the one way mirror along with the other officers. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Hiro is back in this hell hole as a suspect.

"Why was this there?" The detective pulled out a zip lock back with the missing cufflink.

Hiro looked at it, and his eyes shot opened. "I don't know! I wasn't there! Someone is framing me!" He goes berserk.

The detective remains calm. "Okay. Do you have proof that you have 'both' cufflinks?" He emphasized the 'both' to Hiro.

Hiro stays silent.

"That is what I thought." The detective replied back smartly. "Don't try to defend yourself if you don't even have a decent comeback." He seemed irritated with Hiro.

"I have been missing my cufflink for a couple days now. I was looking for it today!"

"Because you lost it during the murder of these innocent people." The detective fought back.

Hiro was taken aback. "I didn't."

"We also will need a hair sample from you."

"Fine." He willingly lets the detective pluck a hair from his scalp.

"Stay in town." The detective glares at Hiro, and makes his way to the door.

"Detective I didn't do it."

"You know, I am sick of your kind. You are the kind of person that always trying to play innocent, and be the good guy. Quit the act. Once the evidence is revealed, I'll lock you up personally myself." He shoots one final glare at Hiro, and leaves the room.

I left the station in disbelief. When I saw Hiro leaving, I went to grab him by the collar. "You lied to me!"

"Because I knew you were hav-"

"No! You said you found the missing cufflink, but you lied! It was in the crime scene! How do you explain that?!"

"I DIDN'T DO IT!" He snarls back.

"Why do you lie?! You are just like Kazuo!"

"Don't ever compare me to that scum!" He glares. It was a first I saw him get so angry.

"Don't call him that!"

"He killed your friend, your cousin, his own ex wife! He is garbage, yet you stay with him!"

"And you killed my family. That is by far the worst." I thought for a bit, how did he know Katie was killed? I didn't want to question him about that yet.

"He did!"

"Whatever."

He pulls me in for a hug. "I would never kill someone that is dear to you. I can't even kill people like that. Blood is not something I like witnessing. Please believe me."

I pushed him off. "I don't want to be near anyone right now. I just want to be alone."

If Hiro is guilty, then Kazuo is innocent. But why would Kazuo have a confession letter, and Hiro have his cufflink there? It all didn't make sense to me.

"Satoshi wait." He takes my hand.

"Stop!" I pushed him off.

"I know this looks bad, but would you really believe Kazuo over me?" He frowns.

"Yes."

He looks disappointed. "Fine." He walks off. I was tired of not knowing anything. I wish I did.