【Part 23: Kazu】「Satoshi」

Chapter 23: Kazu

Shouta looked displeased when I told her the news. She still had that uneasy look on her face. She must really hate me.

"Okay your desk will be here." She showed me a spare desk. The bottom office wasn't as fancy. There was no cubicle, and the space was smaller.

"Thanks." I went to sit down, and started up the computer. I kept watching Shouta. Something about her I didn't like.

I wonder how Kazuo touches her.

Does Kazuo hit her as well?

How long have they been fucking?

So many questions lingered in my mind, but I will never find them out unfortunately. I decide to ignore my thoughts, and focus on my work.

I worked my way in ease today. I just had to draw some fancy sketches, and file paperwork. Simple, and boring office work. I left the building around 8:00.

"Hey I know you." A girl's voice said to me. I turned to see that weird girl in my class with the traditional Japanese hair cut.

"Oh."

"You haven't been in class. Did you get expelled?"

"No." I was annoyed by her. She stares way too much in class, and I was glad that she didn't have that privilege anymore.

"You know. You have evil lurking around you." She says, and starts walking away. What a bitch. I know I have evil. I mean...look at me? My whole existence is being grumpy.

I quickly went into my car, and thoughts of Kazuo infested my mind. I wanted to see him. I wanted him to be innocent, but at the same time I can't choose him if he is behind all of the murders.

KNOCK KNOCK! I jumped, and saw Kyou at my window. I rolled it down. "You scared me shitless." I tried to catch my breath.

"Sorry. I just wanted to say sorry that Yamada moved you downstairs. We can still chat during lunch break." He smiles.

"I know." I forced a smile. "I got to go." I put the keys in the ignition, and started driving off. Small talk only made me cringe. I didn't want people to feel sorry for me or any of that bullshit.

I got back home, and went to my room. The thought of Shinta being gone made me feel uneasy. I can't see or hear his nagging anymore. I didn't want to shed any tears tonight so I ignored the feeling. The police haven't called to update me. Everything just made me feel uneasy.

I rubbed my eyes, and sat on my bed. I noticed a golden cream colored book buried in my clothes pile in the closet. What was that? I went to grab it, and it had the words 'Memories With The Little Guy' written on it. This isn't mine so how the hell did it get in my closet?

I went to sit on my chair, and opened it. There I saw a very old picture of me, and Kazuo in it. He had me on his back, and I had a sun hat with a plastic net. I remembered that was the day me, and Kazuo wanted to catch butterflies.

The next picture was of me, and Kazuo doing finger painting up in the tree house that was in my back yard. His nose was red, and mine was green of paint. We were covered in paint, but we looked so happy.

The next picture was of me kissing Kazuo on the cheek. This was a photo we took when we were at the sunflower field one summer day. That day was so much fun. We went on a tour of the pineapple maze, and saw a ton of sunflowers.

I could feel myself crying. So many beautiful memories. I just couldn't believe how our lives came to this.

I flipped through the pages, and almost came to the last one when my doorbell interrupted me. I quickly shut the book, and ran downstairs.