【Epilogue】

Epilogue

Hiroshi finally read the letter Kazuo had written for him. The detectives handed him the letter that was retrieved from Kazuo's house. His tears fell. He hated Kazuo, but he still was just as bad as his father. He confessed to all his wrongdoings, and was sentenced to jail for life along with his stepfather Claude.

Satoshi sat by the graves of his beloved friend Ita. Another flower on his grave was placed. Satoshi no longer cries, but the pain will forever be engraved into his heart.

He places roses on his parent's graves as well. This he had to cry over. He misses them tremendously, but nothing could be done to ease the pain. Only time will heal.

This all seemed like a mindless mess to him. He didn't feel satisfaction when he saw Hiro, BigZ, or Shouta behind bars. It all felt like a blur. This wasn't real.

He never saw Kazuo physically again after that day. His heart yearns for Kazuo, but he knew it can't happen anymore.

He had one final flower. A sunflower in his hand. He goes over to the final grave, and places the sunflower on the grave.

A tear falls on the grave. "You are my sunshine...my only sunshine....you make me happy....when skies are gray..." Satoshi sings a famous American song regardless of his poor English. The melody was sung anyways.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, we will be forever, till the end of time." Satoshi turns around to see Kazuo singing to him. He hugs Satoshi from behind, and they were soon in the fields from where they played as kids.

The sticks on the ground were scattered, and Kazuo bends down to small Satoshi. "Be careful not to get splinters." He says chuckling.

"Yes." Satoshi smiles happily.

Kazuo smiles sadly, and itches at his neck.

Satoshi looks at him. "Big brother Kazuo?"

"Yes?"

"What is that on your neck?"

"Rope." He smiles. The rope that was around his neck lead up to the skies.

Satoshi opens his eyes. He still sat in front of that grave with a sunflower. His heart ached, but it was time to move on.

"Come on Satoshi." A male figure stood a good distance behind Satoshi.

Satoshi gets up, and brushes his pants. "Coming!" He starts running to the man as they walked away from the graveyard.

Satoshi turned back one last time to look at the graves. A small sad smile shone on his face, and he wipes his eyes.

"I'll be tending to my own splinters now Kazuo. Thank you..."

End