chapter thirty five

A dense fog is wrapped around Mary's face, she tried her best to fight through it.

"Hello?! Somebody, please! I don't know what to do!"

She heard a door creek open nearby, she never turned so fast. The room was dark, there was an eerie chill in there that ran up her spine.

She glanced over at a moving shadow on the ground, she could tell right away it was Ethan. "Ethan?" She quickly ran over to kneel beside him, he was laying on his side, covering his face. His clothes were torn, his hands were stained with dirt and bloody cuts.

"What's going on? Where is everyone? What happened to you?" Mary asked.

"We're all gonna die." He replied softly.

"What? Ethan, you're not making sense. Just-"

He stood up quickly, shoving Mary away. "We're all gonna die! And you can't stop it! You're gonna loose everything!"

She backed away until her back hit the door, frightened by Ethan's outburst.

"You're gonna loose it all!"

Mary wakes up with her throat on fire, her hands trembling and sparking aggressively. She puts them under her while trying to even out her shaky breathing. She's never had Ethan in her dreams before, she wasn't sure what it meant. Why did he say those awful things? She couldn't help but wonder if it had anything to do with those nightmares about Benny and Sarah.

But if it did, than what does it all mean?

...

"Our young Prince Ho Tep died at the tender age of eighteen, but, the ancient Egyptians viewed death as merely a journey into another world." Mr G explains to his class while they stood in the local museum, studying the exhibits around them.

Mary leans against Benny's shoulder, exhausted and bored, he smiles at the action, then yawns himself. "Um," Ethan questions beside the couple, "What's with the ancient supper-ware?" 

"Oh, you know the expression, you can't take it with you?" Mr G replies. Ethan nods.

"Yeah well, they didn't."

"Anyways," their teacher continues, "This gift wrapped fellow here was arranged to marry a Pharaoh's daughter, but when he refused to because he wasn't in love with her, the Pharaoh had him executed."

Benny chuckles, "I bet she had one killer uni-brow." Mary scoffs at his awful joke while Sarah turns and punches him hard. "Ow!"

Mary laughs, "Karma."

"According to these hieroglyphics," Mr G states, "He vowed to never enter the after life without his true love."

Mary smiles softly, "That's actually kinda sweet." Sarah nods in agreement in front of her.

"Ew." Rory winces. Mary turns to glare at the vampire beside her, "Shush."

"Either that or these are cleaning instructions..."

Rory stands up taller, "Can I make a mummy for extra credit?" He asks excitedly. The others scrunch their faces at him, but then again it's Rory, that kind of question isn't totally out of the normal for him.

"Oh, that wouldn't be encouraged." Mr. G replies.

"Yes! That was not a no." Rory whispers.

"Anyways, guys that's the end of the tour. But, ya know, feel free to stay around as long as you'd like." Mr. G says. As soon as the words left his mouth, almost all of the kids left except for Mary and the others.