Chapter 69

"What do we do?! What do we do?!" Mel exclaimed, repeating the same phrase over and over again. Nearby, Buddy appeared to be freaking out. Chloe was trying her best to calm them down. Next to her, Pops was scratching his will into the sidewalk as he stated, "To Myron, I leave control over the apartment..."

"Guys, can we all just calm down for a moment?! I need to think," Max declared. His heart was pounding. Snowball and his goons were coming for them. Could this day get any worse?!

"It's okay everyone, we can figure this out," Gidget declared, trying her hardest to calm everyone down. Turning to Max, the fluffy white Pomeranian asked quietly, "Max, what are we going to do?" It was then that Max realized that everyone was looking at him. Did they really think that he would know what to do?

Biting his lip, Max looked over at Duke. The Newfoundland mix was staring at his old home. The Jack Russell terrier could tell that the mutt was nervous and anxious about seeing his owner. They had come this far. They couldn't turn back now, not when they were literally here. No little rabbit was chasing them off from their goal.

"Duke, wait here for a second," Max stated. Confused, Duke did what he was told and sat down. Turning to the animals who had been searching for them all day long, the terrier explained, "Look, I know some of you might be irritated about this whole situation. But we came all this way. We're not leaving til we see this through. Please, help us." Stepping forward, Gidget asked, "Okay Max, what do you need us to do?"

"We need you to keep Snowball and his companions occupied. Don't let them come here."

"Got it. Let's go guys. We're going to war.

"Yes- wait, we're what?" Mel questioned.