𝟭𝟯. PASS AND GO

𝗪𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗖𝗔𝗠𝗘 𝗔𝗧 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗥 𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘 𝗔 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗖𝗔𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘, an embrace so tight yet cold at the same time

𝗪𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗖𝗔𝗠𝗘 𝗔𝗧 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗥 𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘 𝗔 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗖𝗔𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘, an embrace so tight yet cold at the same time. Something she was scarily soothed by. Droplets attacked her naked body in numbers before they softly traveled down her slender figure, finally descending down to meet their fate with the hair-infested shower drain. In these moments, the short-statured girl liked to let her mind run rapidly. Shower Thoughts.

Questions that usually never seemed to dawn upon her until she stepped into the bathroom. What broke her serenity, however, was the sudden gust of cold that came with the opening of the bathroom door.

Footsteps followed, and soon enough, the echoing buzz of an electric razor made her heart almost run amuck with panic. Until she realized who the said mysterious figure was from the reflected outline that bounced from her seafoam green shower curtains.

"Fuck off Neo, we're supposed to be working on a one-person router," Spencer's skin prickled at the sudden shift of the water's pressure as Neo Morton played at the bathroom sink's faucet, turning it up so he could soak up ever leftover ounce of their hot water.

She was used to people invading her personal space at any given moment, which was a big consequence of living with 7 people, plus another on the way. Privacy wasn't a virtue.

Ask for five minutes? They'll give you 5 seconds, Put a bolt on the door ?, one of them will somehow manage to unclasp it with their bare hands.

It was like living in a home with glass walls, see-through, and impossible to hide in.

Luckily, the Barlowe girl had tried to come up with different alternatives to combat the ever-growing problem in their household.

Pass and Go. A highly intact system that was curated by Spencer after everyone in the Barlowe household was forced into wearing large parkas and eating cold tomato soup for 5 ½ months after Coral gave up portions of their hot water to homeless women, truck drivers, and a very sparastic old man who had taken up residence in their attic up until her death.