Chapter Ten

[ Team, Gem ]

[ Team, Gem ]

AUTUMN'S POV

I reached into my pocket and pulled out a 10-dollar bill as we all stood on the side of the road. Kai snatched the bill, shoving it into his pocket with a smug grin over his lips. Okay, Kai won the bet, but I really had some faith in Jo. And that faith has scored us a flat tire in the middle of nowhere while rain poured down on us.

"Once again, sissy, you've managed to fuck shit up."

"ME!? I wasn't the one who drove!"

"In my defense, I didn't see the glass bottle on the road." Joel remarks, making the Parker twins snap their heads towards him with devilish smiles.

I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose before walking over to the flat tire and crouched down to its level. My eyes fell shut as I mumbled a repair spell that fixed the tire; I opened my eyes and smiled up at them. "We're witches, did you forget?"

They all gave me an 'oh, that's right' look, and I snort, walking over to Jo and taking the map from her. I inspected the map, making sure Jo wasn't leading us to the moon or something. My eyes lit up, "Good job Jo." I turn to Kai. "By the way, Kai, she's doing a great job navigating."

Kai rolled his eyes, "Don't praise her too much; my twin's head is big enough." He teased, and Jo's jaw dropped, taking the map from me. "And you're ego is way too big for that scrawny body of yours." Kai gasps playfully, "Scrawny? Now sissy, if you keep lying, then your nose will grow too. We both know that's a lie. " His blue eyes landed on my green ones, giving me a wink.

Swallowing hard, I looked down at my feet and kicked a rock awkwardly. Hoping no one caught the blush that crept over my pale cheeks. Jo lets out a groan and marches over to the car, getting in and slamming the door shut. Joel follows behind her, "Hey, be gentle with Highway Diva!" He warns and also gets in.

I face Kai with a small smile, and his lips arched into a grin, "Did he just say?"

"Highway Diva?" Kai mumbled, "Yes, he did." He looked amused, and so did I.

We both couldn't help but laugh while making our way over to Highway Diva. Kai looked at me from across the car. "Hey, you better be careful with Highway Diva." He warns, pointing his index finger at me.

I gasp playfully, "How could I ever mistreat her?" My right hand sneaked to my chest as I shook my head in disbelief.

Kai's laughter died down; he exhaled profoundly and stared at me with intense eyes. I bit my lip, unsure of what he was thinking. He broke our staring contest and swung the door open, getting in, and I did the same.

✦ ✦ ✦

It was 7:45 pm, and the sun had made its escape from the sky, allowing the moon to thrive in the night sky. Joel pulled into a sketchy-looking motel that apparently was 20 minutes away from the Eclipse Coven territory. Jo and I decided to share a room together, leaving the guys to share one.