Chp. 4

I didn’t think that we were going to stop in the town, but in a way I was hoping, I needed to see other people. 

I don’t even remember seeing anyone in the gas station.

God I was really freaking myself out more and more… but I couldn’t help it. What happened to me at the gas station was freaky, but I had already classified it as a haunted experience. The gas station was haunted, and it picks random people that go in there and freaks them out… 

It might not be right, but it was the only semi-logical thing I could conjure up. 

Then we began to approach the tiny town, it looked almost deserted, but it was still a town. Hopefully, I was praying there were people in that town as well… maybe give me some reassurance that we weren’t the only people on Earth. 

Kate looked at me, seeing my eyes studying the town and she sighed, “Do you want to stop and piss again or something?”

My eyes looked at her, she sounded a little snappy, but she was still a little ticked off by the driver so I didn’t pay it much mind. 

Then Kate’s phone rang, and it was NATHAN! I sighed, “Your boo thing is calling.”

She groaned, “Now what…?” she picked it up and slid her finger across the screen, “What Nathan?” She paused for a second and I studied her features, and she turned to annoyed quickly. “Fine, ok, yea I need to ask for directions anyway.”

Then she clicked off the phone and she sighed, “Nathan and them are having car trouble, we need to pull over.”

I smiled, thank God, maybe the people would tell us that it’s such a lovely cabin and the town would be almost right next to it. The people would be all insane, they would all have two eyes and all their teeth, and not be like the ones on the scary movies that Kate always made me watch.

We exited off, and the tiny town grew a little bigger, it was really nothing. I saw a diner, some houses, and a couple trucks, but other then that… there was really nothing. 

Jeez, what did people do in this town?

We pulled over to a mechanic shop that I had missed when I scanned the town, and I started to get a bad feeling. Why were we running into so many troubles on the way here? The gas tank miraculously going empty? The car trouble?

And now this town?

I was starting to think these were all bad omens, something that was trying to tell us that it wasn’t a good idea. 

Then I remembered to check my phone. 

I pulled it out of my pocket, seeing one bar of reception on my phone. I cursed, we were in the middle of nowhere, and one of my biggest fears were coming true. 

Also, we weren’t even at the cabin yet, so no telling.