Chp. 19

***BROOKLYN’S POV***

As me and Allison sat deep in the dark woods, knowing that those damn keys were around his neck… well it was heartbreaking. We would have to get close and personal with him, and that was something that was risky, and was going to have major consequences. 

Like death. 

Allison was holding me, I was crying, and she was to, but there was nothing we could do. Lyle… well seeing him die broke my heart, I wasn’t even sure how exactly I was still going. 

Seeing him and Kate… well, I couldn’t explain it. My heart felt like it was tearing open, like all of my emotions were just pouring out freely, and they were. I was weeping so hard that my chest and stomach was hurting, I couldn’t breathe, and Allison only wrapped her arms tighter around me. 

Then soon enough she was playing in my hair, and I was out of tears, to hurt and tired to go on. 

We needed to get out of here.

I looked at Allison, “How far out is the town we passed?”

She shrugged, “Maybe about 50 minutes… you dozed off during our drive there…”

I scolded myself at my stupidity, 50 minutes? The cameras, he would know if we started away from the cabin… he had those damn cameras set up everywhere.

He was probably watching us right now. 

Giving us a break, that way when he found us we would go out with a bang, with a fight. 

He was a really sick, fucked up man. 

We would have to go back into the cabin… unless we ran. It would be dark, and we would be hard to see, but we only had one way out. Large coolies cut us off, rushing rivers, and trees… wild animals. 

No telling what he might have set up out there.

Bear traps, booby traps to kill us… 

I was paranoid to leave this position, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized the car was the safest way out. 

We were pretty good at sneaking past him, but the keys were around his fucking neck! 

Allison whispered, “What are we going to do Brooklyn?”

I shook my head, shrugging my shoulders solemnly, “I really… don’t even know.”

I sat against a tree, figuring out what was next for me and Allison. There were two options, one; attempt to sneak into the cabin and maybe knock out this killer of some sort, or two, make a run for it, risking booby traps and God knows what else in those pitch black woods.