Chp. 8

Friday night was pretty amazing… besides the fact that I had encountered a dictionary, warning me of this place, oh and the sighting at the Lake was pretty freaky to. Allison had managed to finally get it off of my mind when ever she was all over me but it didn’t mean the thought wasn’t still there. 

Hanging out with Allison while Kate tanned on the pier was cool, we walked through the woods and to be completely honest… it was beautiful out here. 

But because of what I saw last night  I didn’t venture far from the cabin. 

Who could blame me?

But as of now, I was getting high with Lyle and Zeke. Sue me, I was in need of some relaxation, I needed to calm my nerves, and Lyle had finally convinced me. 

He passed the blunt to me and I inhaled, feeling the smoke burn my lungs, and I held it in. The aching and itch began and I coughed it up, Lyle smiled like an idiot and spoke, “Girls who get high… sexiest thing in the world.”

I punched him, coughing, “Shuthup.”

Zeke smiled, “Brooks, I  know you’re gay… but you should just give in to Lyle, you know he’s in love with you.”

I smiled shyly, but it was most sarcastic, “That’s why I don’t, Zeke.”

He laughed, and Lyle pouted, “Then can I at least watch you and Allison get it on? It sounded like a good night last night between you two.”

I rolled my eyes, Allison wasn’t a screamer, and I wasn’t either, but like I said… last night was amazing. I had never had sex that good with anyone else besides Allison. No, I’m not a whore either, but people like to take advantage of me… 

But Allison didn’t. 

Not anymore anyway.

She was different, and I hated to admit it but… I was starting to fall for her again. I knew it was going to suck if she played me again, but I had a good feeling this time. Like something changed, her being here with me, and I was praying the feeling was right. 

Nothing else occurred during the day, no weird books, no man, and no weird noises… and I figured it was just a hiker that coincidentally saw me and Allison getting it on in the Lake. 

I mean what man wouldn’t stop and watch the show?

Maybe it was a false accusation, maybe it wasn’t, I didn’t know for sure, but I was still freaked out over it. The spooky thought was still in the back of my head, but I tried not to worry about all the stupid shit. There was no use, right? No one would believe me anyway if I told them.

Maybe Allison, but I didn’t want to freak her out to. 

It was getting dark, the sun was just starting to set, so I guessed it was around 5:00. 

I felt the high getting to me, we were all sitting in Lyle and Zeke’s room and it was starting to cloud with smoke. My head was feeling a little fuzzy and I knew this stuff was working because all of the bad thoughts had finally left my mind.