Chp. 18

***LYLE’S POV***

I couldn’t ignore the searing pain in my leg, it felt as if my leg was falling off, and it probably was, but I was to afraid to look. When I jumped onto that man… the axe hit me in the thigh, and I felt every second of it. The nerves, the flesh… everything tearing apart as the axe collided, and running was only ripping the gapping hole more open. I was limping, and I didn’t know if my legs were going to carry me much longer.

“Don’t run straight, more around,” Allison demanded me, but the pain had intensified within seconds. 

I whimpered in agony, “I can barely run period…”

She looked at me, her eyes held sympathy, but I knew she didn’t want me to give up. If I gave up now… I would die. She nodded, “Try Lyle…”

We made it into the cabin, and I followed weakly behind Allison as she led me into the basement, and I gained a bad feeling instantly. I felt the hot blood seeping down my leg, and I looked down this time, seeing the gapping gash in my thigh, and the pain suddenly became ten times worse. 

Why did I look at it…?

Allison led me into the corner of a dark room, it was the room we came in at first, and I saw a broken window, and she led me to it. “Stay here, next to this opening. That way if he comes in, you can get out. Don’t worry about me.”

I shook my head, not wanting her to leave me in this condition, but I knew she was going to help Brooklyn. I grabbed her arm, stopping her from leaving, “Allison… I’m hurt… don’t.”

I saw worry and confusion in her eyes, and I knew we didn’t have a lot of time left, “Save yourself… don’t give yourself away if he comes down here.”

I looked down at my leg again instinctively, the burning pain was coursing through my body now. It hurt so bad I thought I was going to pass out, but I knew I needed to hold on. 

Allison walked over to an old coat and tore some lining out, wrapping it tight around my leg. I flinched, and she sighed, I could hear the fear and worry in her voice, “Here, this should help.”

I shook my head, “Doesn’t help the pain.”

She touched my cheek, “Stay here… I’ll be back.”

I wanted to protest against her, but I knew Brooklyn needed help. I stayed in this tiny corner, trying not to let my eyes close from the blood loss. I was praying to God I wasn’t going to pass out, wake up with the axe in the air, slicing down and hitting me, cutting me up…

No, I couldn’t close my eyes. 

I leaned my head back against the wall, this wasn’t happening, there was no way this was real. But the pain was real, the events were all real… 

And I was going to die. 

I knew it, if I wasn’t going to die form this psycho cutting me up then I was certainly going to die from bleeding to death.