Chp. 11

***ZEKE’S POV***

My head was killing me, none of this made sense to me, and I couldn’t accept the fact that this was really happening. Shit like this didn’t happen… it just didn’t. It only happened in movies… it couldn’t happen to us?

Right?

“Everyone try to stick with someone. Don’t be alone. Hide. Find anything you can to protect yourself with.”

I looked at Brooklyn, the banging on the door increased, and my heart was hammering inside my chest. Brooklyn was right, there was no guarantee that the cars would work, especially if he was sneaky enough to sneak into the house and steal our keys.

 Door fell open, I heard Kate yelp and I turned to the door, seeing the man standing there, his all white mask dripping in blood. I shivered, cringing, and escaping upstairs. I wasn’t sure why I went upstairs, you were never supposed to go upstairs in movies.

Because you always died.

I ran into Allison and Brooklyn’s room, slamming the door and locking it, then my eyes caught the balcony. I ran over to the door, trying to yank it open but it was locked. I switched the lock, hearing pounding footsteps on the stairs… 

Oh God he was coming after me. 

Why the fuck was I alone? Where was Lyle? Kate? 

Did they all leave me?

I felt my heart hurt inside of my chest, I was so stupid. Maybe this was for the best, dying so that they could get away. I was useless anyway, they all knew it, I knew it. I had no life after Highschool, I wasn’t going to college, I barely graduated, and I didn’t even have a job. 

I was useless, and I deserved to die. 

No. 

I didn’t, stop thinking like that Zeke, focus!

I pulled the door open, slamming it behind me and feeling the night air wrap around me. The trees were there, dark, like a curtain cutting us off from the real world. We were isolated out here, miles away from just the slightest bit of humanity. 

The balcony was tiny, and there were no curtains, no place to hide. 

I was stuck. 

I turned, seeing the man standing at the doorway inside the room. He lifted his finger, and I watched in horror as he moved it back and forth, as if scolding me like a young child. I wanted to kill him, bash his head in just for this. 

We didn’t deserve this, we were just kids. 

He bared a axe in his right hand, and I almost broke in terror as he walked slowly to the balcony door, dragging his axe along the ground. My back was against the balcony, there was nowhere to go. I was going to die right here…