Chp. 5

I hauled my bag and slung it over my shoulder, walking into the cabin. It was nice, very open, and I walked upstairs, knowing that that’s were the rooms were, then I realized, there were only three rooms. 

Shit. 

I knew exactly who I was going to be roomed with, and Nathan, Kate, Lyle, and Zeke had already claimed their rooms. 

Lyle and Zeke’s room was the only room that help two separate beds, and I cursed as I walked into what was soon to be me and Allison’s room. 

One single, Queen sized bed. 

Allison dropped her bag behind me, scaring me and sighing, “Hope you don’t mind sharing.”

In all actuality… I didn’t. Not with her anyway… Kate on the other hand… yes, she was such a heavy sleeper, and she was a stealer of the covers. 

I knew Allison wasn’t.

I turned, “Guess not… just don’t steal the covers.”

She smiled devilishly, “Hmm… maybe I will.”

Then she disappeared out the door, and down to the first story. I turned, inspecting the room, we were the room with the balcony, and I remembered I needed to find cell phone reception. I pulled it out, and I had none in the room, then I walked out on the balcony, shutting the glass doors behind me. 

Then I had three bars, and I sang happily in my head. 

Thank God.

I eased my racing mind a little and walked back into the room, feeling a little relief being lifted off of my shoulders.

Then I remembered where I was. 

Malum Lake Cabin.

It didn’t sounded scary, but knowing what happened to me in that stupid gas station… well, I had a change of heart. 

Maybe I needed a drink, maybe all the cursed and haunted stories were just myths… not true. Just some stupid town rumor that no one had the balls to find out. 

Lyle called from downstairs, “Brooks, get your bathing suit on, we’re going to the lake.”

I sighed, Lyle… he always reminded me that he thought I was sexy. He acted like a complete dog when he saw me in my bathing suit… I thought it was cute. 

But I never paid mind to it… it’s not like I liked him.

I tugged my shirt off, and then my bra, and Allison came into the room, her eyes found my chest and I blushed. 

She had seen me naked before, but it had been awhile. 

She smiled, looking at my eyes, “Do you need help?”