Chp. 9

***KATE’S POV***

I was laying out with Nathan, we were just relaxing and not really doing much, just talking. Allison had just left to go to the house to make and drink and use the bathroom, but I knew she was going ease drop on Brooklyn, Lyle, and Zeke. 

I was thinking about Allison and Brooklyn, how they were so cute together. Brooklyn was lucky I loved her, because I wouldn’t have brought Allison if Allison hadn’t asked what I was doing this weekend. She didn’t invite herself, I did, but when she heard we were going camping well, she was overly excited. 

Especially about the fact that Brooklyn was going to be there. 

I figured it would be perfect, me and Nathan, Zeke and Lyle, and Allison and Brooklyn. 

The perfect trip.

Nathan leaned over, his shirtless body rubbing against mine. I really couldn’t get enough of him, and last night I knew we weren’t the only ones having fun. 

Brooklyn sounded pretty pleased last night. 

Nathan kissed my neck, making a shiver run down my spine, his warm lips against my cool skin. I moaned, “Nathan…”

He smiled against my neck, “I love the way you say my name…”

I smiled, “Really?”

He nodded, getting on top of me and kissing my lips. I dug my hang into his dark hair, pulling his face into me. His manly musk wrapping around me, making me feel safe. 

He was something, not like the rest of the guys that I knew, he was different. I couldn’t pinpoint it, but I knew he was, he was protective over me, he cared, and I never had someone like that. 

And I think I love him.

It’s a hard thought, because I had never liked someone this much before, but like I said… he was different. 

And different was good right?

He leaned up, looking at me, “You’re amazing.”

I smiled, “You’re not so bad yourself.”

We had never made this official, but I knew he was scared. He had been burned by a girl, someone he trusted and loved… so I couldn’t blame him. 

His hand traveled down my side and I shivered under his touch, kissing his bare chest. He smiled, “I think… when we get back home, I’m gonna take you to dinner. A nice restaurant. How does that sound?”

I smiled, “That sounds amazing.”

Ok, I loved him, it was official. He was to sweet, I couldn’t understand why his ex-girlfriend hurt him the way she did. He was such a romantic, and gorgeous…