Chp. 17

***BROOKLYN’S POV***

When I heard Allison’s scream… it broke my heart. I needed them to save me, I needed to see her… I needed to see that her and Lyle were ok. I laid silent in this black hole, and I couldn’t breathe, my body was damp with sweat and I didn’t know how much I could last in here. 

It had been an entire ten minutes since I had heard Allison’s perching scream, and I haven’t heard anything since.

And it was scaring the shit out of me. 

The thought of being left alone was killing me, I couldn’t make it out by myself… there was just no way. I was already petrified by the fear I had coursing through my veins, and the adrenaline was kicking my ass. I just wanted to rest, I was praying that this wasn’t real, in anyway shape or form… but I wasn’t waking up. 

Then a rope was hanging in front of me.

I looked up, Allison whispered, “Grab it, climb up.”

I did what I was told, and I was thanking God that I was strong enough to pull myself out of this pit of death, and when I finally climbed out I wrapped my arms around Allison. I felt the tears fall silently as I pressed her body against me, and I had never felt so happy in such a messed up situation. 

Her hand tangled itself in my hair and she was breathing hard, which meant she had been running or something from someone. 

And I knew who. 

I looked at her, “Where’s Lyle?”

Her eyes found mine, “He’s in that room with the broken window, the one you broke… he’s hurt Brooklyn. Bad, and I don’t know…”

I shook my head, not wanting to hear what she had to say, I needed to find Lyle and help him. I wasn’t going to watch him die like my other friends. It was dark where we were, and I knew we were pretty hidden, but I didn’t know where this freak was at, and I was scared to move. 

But I knew I needed to help Lyle, I crept through the woods, staying hidden in the trees, I knew Allison was behind me and I held her hand. She was hot, but so was I, our sweat was merged together in our palms, and I was so happy she was still alive. 

If I lost her… 

I tried pushing the thought out of my head, no, I wasn’t going to let her die, she was going to stay with me, and if she died… well then I would to. I could hear her breathing, it was heavy, she was terrified, and I was to, I couldn’t lie about that. It was taking me everything I had to carry me back toward this cabin…

This dark, sinister, cabin.

Allison pulled me back towards her, I was facing her, and even though it was dark I could still make out her features. Her eyes held terror, but she was sad, so sad, and I was scared seeing that look on her. I gave her a weak smile, “We’re gonna be ok,”  pressed my palm against her cheek and she forced a smile.