Chp. 20

***BROOKLYN’S POV***

When I woke the first thing I felt was the throbbing pain in my head, and I cringed, but the smell of this room… it stunk. It was moldy, and as my eyes squinted and attempted to adjust I realized this room had a dark tint to it. 

Just like the room with the monitors. 

I was dizzy, and my head hurt, and I was nauseated, but when I realized I was lying on the ground, I knew something was wrong. 

When I slowly began to pull myself up off of the floor I felt the pain in my head grow, and I didn’t understand what was going on. I had never seen this room before, but it was so familiar in its creepy little way…

Was this another room in the cabin?

Then I heard whimpering behind me.

My head snapped towards the far end of the room, and I saw Allison, strapped to a chair. My heart caught in my throat, she had a rag in her mouth, which was why she wasn’t able to get my attention as soon as I woke up. 

I ran over to her, taking the gag out of her mouth and I could feel her heart beating rapidly through her shirt. She mumbled, “It hurts…” it was really a plea, and I watched as her eyes looked down at the clamps around her wrists.

Her hands were covered in fresh blood, and I knew the clamps were digging into her skin. I wanted to cry, how was I going to get her out of this?

They had locks under her wrists, that were dangling from the wrist clamps, and I picked it up in my hand. There it was, the dreaded key hole, a key that I was missing out of my possession. She was whimpering, I knew the clamps were tight around her wrists, and every little movement she made hurt her. 

Then there were wires, connected along her body, on her neck, her temples, and one ran along her chest. I took one of the strings between my fingers, wondering what the hell this was… but when my mind realized it’s identity…

I didn’t want to believe it. 

It was an electric chair. 

I looked into her eyes, and she was crying, they were blood shot, and I wiped a tear away from her eye, “I’m gonna get you out.”

She shook her head, and I knew she had that idea that she wasn’t going to get out of her, and I was starting to believe that we were all going to die. I couldn’t show her that though, I couldn’t let her know that I was afraid, that I was slowly giving up every second that I witnessed her pain. 

Her ankles were also in clamps, and I studied the locks.

They were all the same, which meant they all required the same key.

I looked up, seeing a TV, and a movie that was playing. There were a group of friends, getting out of a car, they were carefree, happy, just like we were when we got here.