Chapter 2

Sara was so bored of just sitting in the apartment all day. She honestly wasn't sure how her counterpart had put up with it for so long. The worst part was that HBO Max and Disney Plus hadn't been invented yet and neither had most of her favorite shows on Netflix and Hulu either, so she was stuck with a bunch of old shows she found so boring.

"That's it, I need to get out of here." Sara said, honestly not caring if she had to fight a league agent or 20, honestly that sounded a lot more fun than just sitting around doing nothing. She was a woman of action after all, not a couch potato and honestly, she couldn't believe she'd ever been on in this reality.

Just as she was getting her shoes on, Sara felt her phone start to ring and rolled her eyes when she saw it was Ava. However, any witty remark she had died as soon as she heard a voice that was not her girlfriend's.

"You should've known you can't hide from us Ta-er a-Safar." a league member's voice said.

"What did you do to Ava?" Sara snarled.

"Nothing she won't recover from, so long as you surrender yourself." the league member's voice said.

"You should be careful with what you say. After all, there's a good chance they'll be the last words you say." Sara said.

"Empty threats from a woman who doesn't keep her word. You swore an oath to Ra's al Ghul." the league member reminded her.

"And then I decided I wanted my life back and I'm done being your puppet. Don't like it, too bad. But know one thing, I am coming for you." Sara said.

"You have 24 hours to get your affairs in order and then you are to return to Nanda Parbat with me to face punishment for your betrayal. Otherwise, we will turn our attention to the rest of your family." the league member said and Sara felt anger unlike anything she'd felt since her bloodlust.

"Where are you?" Sara asked.

"You'll find out when you come with me to Nanda Parbat." the league member said.

"I hope you have your affairs in order. Because trust me, you're not going to walk away from what I'm going to do to you." Sara said as she hung up before heading to the hospital, since now that the League knew she was here, there was no need to hide.

"Can I help you?" the receptionist at Hope Springs hospital asked her.

"Yes, I'm looking for Ava Sharpe?" Sara asked.

"Name?" the receptionist asked.

"Sara Lance." Sara said as she watched the receptionist type impatiently.

"Ah yes, room 302, but she's currently in surgery. Her doctor will give you a full readout of her injuries." the receptionist said, since Sara was listed as Ava's emergency contact on her doctor's forms.

"Thank you." Sara said as she rushed towards the elevators.

However, she was surprised when she found someone else waiting for her in Ava's room.

"J'onn?" Sara asked the martian, who smiled.

"Hello Sara. I have to admit, you were a lot harder to find than I thought you'd be before you ask, no I am not Ava's attacker. Honestly I didn't even know you were here until I heard you coming." J'onn said.

"Then why are you here? No offense?" Sara asked.

"None taken. Ava is a DEO agent and since she's one of our best, I wanted to see what could've hurt her like this. What kind of alien?" J'onn said.

"It wasn't an alien J'onn. It was my past on this earth coming back to haunt me. I went rogue from the League of Assassins for Ava and they tracked me down and attacked her to send me a message." Sara said.

"I'm sorry Sara." J'onn said.

"Don't apologize to me J'onn. Honestly, I'm glad I now have a reason to kill Ra's al Ghul, since if I can kill shadow demons at the dawn of time, I can kill him." Sara said and J'onn nodded.

"Good luck then." J'onn said.

"I do have one favor to ask." Sara said.

"Name it." J'onn said.

"Once Ava has recovered, restore her memories. She and I were together on the old Earth and I need her to remember that so that she'll come with me when I'm recruited to be a Legend, since honestly, I'm gonna make sure my predecessor knows that no Ava is a deal breaker." Sara said and J'onn nodded.

"I'll pass along the message. But I'm guessing you're leaving now?" J'onn asked and Sara nodded.

"The league gave me 24 hours to get my affairs in order. I need to get this over with now before they attack my family. I just got my father, my sister and Ollie back and while I know that Ollie at least can kill anyone the League sends his way, I don't want Ra's to try to rope him in again. Besides, this is personal. I can't stay with the League, even if I wasn't going to be a Legend. The only way I get my freedom is if I kill Ra's al Ghul." Sara said.

"Well, good luck. And also, stop by Star City when you're done. I visited your sister before she and Oliver were rescued and restored her memories and well, let's just say that she has a surprise for you." J'onn said with a smile.

"Yeah, I don't like surprises." Sara said.

"Trust me, you'll like this one." J'onn said and Sara just nodded, knowing that J'onn wasn't going to tell her what was going on, so she decided to just head out and get this over with so she could find out what her surprise was sooner.