Chapter 20

After Ava had left for the mandatory Lance family dinner, since Sara had insisted that Ava was family, especially since she wanted her to meet her dad and sister, something Ava was very eager for, the rest of the Legends gathered in the kitchen, which was also their meeting room.

"So, tell me again why we aren't finishing recruitment and speeding to the Vanishing Point to save Rip?" Zari asked, right as a holographic projection of Gideon appeared.

"Gideon?" Jax asked, surprised.

"You can thank Ms. Tarazi for my most recent upgrade. Apparently she found the idea of talking to a floating head to be a bit disappointing for a futuristic time ship, so she decided to give me an upgrade." Gideon said.

"After all, Gideon's just as much a member of the team, so why shouldn't she have a real body. But I don't think anyone's answered my question." Zari asked.

"I believe it's because Captain Lance wishes to make Captain Hunter suffer a bit more." Gideon said.

"Can't say I blame her after all the crap Rip's thrown at us over the years." Jax said and Ray nodded, since they were only OGs onboard who knew the full extent of Rip's actions, since they both kind of agreed with her.

"Plus, knowing Mick, he'll be happy we let him have some time as a criminal before we remind him that he can be noble when he has no choice but to be." Ray said.

"Though something tells me that Snart might not be happy when we remind him that he became noble enough to sacrifice himself." Jax said.

"Most likely." Ray agreed.

"Just hope he doesn't hear about what you did to his precious cold gun." Nate said, since while he'd never met the good version of their world's Leonard Snart, he'd heard stories about how much Snart cared about that damn gun.

"I had no choice." Ray said in his defense.

"Anyways, captains are gone, so what are we doing?" Jax asked, changing the topic.

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but Sara isn't the only one introducing her girlfriend to her parents. Zari and I are going to see my parents too." Nate said.

"Well, at least this time you two are actually together instead of just lying about it to cover for something." Nora said.

"True." Nate agreed as he wrapped his arm around Zari's shoulders.

"Yeah, I'm still working on processing the fact that in another reality, my sister lived my life experiences as a Legend and is dating my time bro." Behrad said.

"Yeah, having both of us on the ship is going to take some getting used to. But I'm just glad that now I live in a timeline where my family is alive and safe. Behrad is here with me on the ship and Mama, Baba and my sister Adrianna are living safely in Canada, where Argus can't get them." Zari said.

"I didn't know you had a sister?" Ray asked.

"That's because that's another change from Crisis. In this reality, I have a twin sister Adrianna, who has the water totem, since this reality, our family has both the air and water totems, since the air totem comes from our father's side and the water totem comes from our mom's side. Originally I solely inherited the totem, but after Behrad and I joined the resistance, it somehow split in two so we can both use it." Zari said.

"Got it. Well, while you guys are having dinner with Nate's parents, I'm taking a trip to the old west." Ray said.

"Why?" Nora asked her boyfriend.

"Because while Gideon can fabricate a majority of the components I need for my exo-suit, the one thing she can't fabricate is its power source." Ray said.

"You want to hit up the Turnbull mine for dwarf star." Jax realized.

"Yep. That is, assuming that the mine still exists." Ray said as he looked at Gideon.

"I can confirm that the mine does exist, however, I would not recommend going alone, since it is very likely that the Time Masters are likely using the Oculus to at least monitor the timeline for any traces of the Legends, since while interacting in your native time periods won't draw too much attention, mining an alloy that shouldn't be discovered until after the old west period ends, could draw the Time Master's attention." Gideon warned.

"Okay, so we'll all go." Jax said, referring to himself, Nora and Behrad, since they were the only Legends onboard.

"Actually, maybe we should go spring Snart and Rory first, since we all know how much Mick loves the Old West and he'd be pissed if we made a trip without him. Plus, if the Time Masters do pose a challenge, we can use the extra muscle." Ray said as Jax shot off a quick text to Sara and smiled when he saw her response.

"Sara gave us the greenlight, just not to cause too many issues." Jax said.

"We should probably reach out to Lyla and see if she can help. Maybe arrange a fake prisoner transfer." Behrad said and the others nodded in agreement.

"Well, good luck with that. Zari and I will be back later." Nate said as he used the time courier to open a time portal, which he and Zari walked through, leaving the rest of the Legends behind to plan.

Yes, this does mean that the Snart and Rory recruitment is finally coming, I can't put it off anymore.