Chapter 15

This chapter will pick up where chapter 15 of Arrow ended. Enjoy.

"I missed you so much." Laurel said as she hugged her little sister.

"I missed you more. You have no idea how hard it was for me to give up on the idea of bringing you back." Sara said.

"I'm glad you didn't. Honestly, while I don't regret bringing you back from the dead, I also realize now that I had no right to play God. You were at peace." Laurel said as the two sisters finally pulled apart.

"Maybe, but if you hadn't had brought me back, I never would've gotten the opportunity to meet the love of my life." Sara said with a grin.

"I'm sorry, did you just say love of your life?" Laurel asked, since those were words she never thought she'd hear Sara say about herself.

"Hard as it is to believe, yes, I did. I finally found someone I can see myself spending the rest of my life with. Which is another reason why I'm here in Star City. Aside from the fact that my team is also here on a recruiting mission." Sara said and Laurel smiled.

"While I definitely want to hear more about that, first,I think there's someone here you need to meet." Laurel said, referring to the little girl who was hiding behind the couch.

"Right, Gideon told me I had a niece and I actually stopped somewhere on my way here to pick up a present for her." Sara said with a smile and she could tell that she'd piqued her niece's interest.

"Mommy, who is this strange lady?" Jasmine asked her mother as she picked her up.

"Jasmine, this my younger sister. Say hi to Auntie Sara." Laurel said, so happy that her daughter could finally meet her sister.

"Hi Jasmine. I'm so happy I get to meet you." Sara said, so happy to see that her sister had not only gotten back together with Oliver, like she always thought she should, but she even had a kid.

"Why weren't you here when we came home?" Jasmine asked.

"Jasmine." Laurel scolded, but Sara shook her head.

"It's fine Laurel. I was in a bit of trouble, so I had to stay away to keep you and your mom and everyone else I care about safe." Sara said, trying to put it in a way that was appropriate for the little girl to hear.

"Didn't you say that you got Jasmine a present?" Laurel asked, quickly changing the subject and she smiled when she saw Jasmine's face light up at the idea of a present.

"Yeah, I figured I have a lot of birthdays to make up for, so I'll start with this." Sara said as she pulled a small box out of her back pocket and handed it to Jasmine, who quickly tore it open to find a very pretty necklace inside.

"This is pretty." Jasmine said as her mother put her down.

"Yeah, it's a canary, for my little Canary. If it's okay for me to call you that." Sara said and Jasmine quickly nodded.

"Yeah, I like that name. It's pretty." Jasmine said and Sara smiled as she watched Laurel help Jasmine put the necklace on.

"You're a natural with her." Sara said.

"Think you might try having kids someday?" Laurel asked.

"I already have kids and they're called the Legends." Sara said.

"From what Ollie's told me about them, that sounds pretty accurate. But anyways, why don't you tell me more about the love of your life." Laurel said as she gestured to Sara to sit down on the couch.

"It's a long, complicated story." Sara said.

"I'd be disappointed if it were anything else considering who you are. I mean, look at Ollie and I." Laurel said.

"At least you two have some kind of version of a normal relationship. In the original universe, Ava was a clone manufactured in the future, specifically the year 2213." Sara said.

"Wait, was?" Laurel asked, since honestly considering the craziness that was their lives, she wasn't entirely surprised that Sara would fall for a clone, since it wasn't like she hadn't heard stories of them existing.

"Yeah, one of the changes in this reality is that in this version of history, Ava was created the old fashioned way and had the childhood she initially thought she had before she found out she was a clone. Though that does mean she grew up in Fresno." Sara said, crinkling her nose a bit at the thought.

"Wow, that sounds like a step down from the last woman you called the love of your life." Laurel said mockingly.

"Hey, you and I both know that Nyssa is a good person, she just got handed a bad hand in life." Sara said.

"Fair enough." Laurel agreed, since honestly, Nyssa was now one of her closest friends.

"Auntie Sara, how long are you here for?" Jasmine asked her aunt, already eager to spend time with this new present giver.

"I'll be here a few more days, but I have a job that means that I spend a lot of time traveling. But I promise I will visit more.'" Sara said.

"You better. But anyways, what is it you're still not telling me?" Laurel asked, knowing her little sister well enough to know that she was keeping something from her.

"You need to promise me that you won't freak out." Sara said, even though she knew it was futile considering what it was she was about to tell her sister.

"You know that if you didn't want me to freak out you shouldn't have told me that." Laurel said with a smile.

"Fine, but keep it to yourself, you cannot even tell Ollie." Sara said.

"What's going on?" Laurel asked, wondering what Sara was about to tell her, her mind jumping to both the best and worst possible case scenarios. And she was really hoping it was the best case scenario if she was right.

"One of the reasons why I'm letting my team handle recruitment is because I have something even more important to handle here. Asking dad for Grandma's ring." Sara said and she quickly moved to cover Jasmine's ears, though regretfully that meant she couldn't cover her own to shield herself from the extra loud squeal her sister let out.

"Wait, are you saying that you're going to propose to Ava?" Laurel asked.

"Yeah I am, which is why I need you to call dad and have him come here for dinner tonight so that not only can he find out that I'm still alive, but I can also introduce him and you to Ava before I ask for Grandma's ring. I'm assuming that Ollie will use his mom's when he decides he's ready to marry you." Sara said.

"Yeah, I'm not putting any pressure on him to do that, mainly because the last time I did, you know what happened." Laurel said.

"I see you've learned from your previous mistakes." Sara said.

"Yeah, but now I guess I need to tell Ollie that he'll have to go to Ivy Town alone, since spending time with my sister and my future sister-in-law is more important than helping Thea out." Laurel said.

"Helping her out with what?" Sara asked.

"Not something I can mention around little ears." Laurel said, since even though Jasmine was occupied playing with her dolls, she didn't want to risk her daughter overhearing any of this.

"Got it." Sara said as Jasmine walked over to them.

"Mommy, aren't you going to join the tea party?" Jasmine asked, since that was what they'd been doing before Sara showed up.

"Yes I am sweetie." Laurel said as she got up.

"Can Auntie Sara come too? I got a chair for her." Jasmine said, pointing at the extra chair she'd found and added to the table she was having her tea party at.

"Of course I will. Especially when I've got so many stories to tell you about your mom." Sara said and she just laughed when she saw Laurel glare at her, mainly because she didn't think she'd ever get the chance to do this. To embarrass Laurel in front of her kid. It felt nice.

I know you guys were probably expecting this to be a Ray recruitment chapter, but honestly, I decided that I could use this to also give myself a little more time to finish Snart arc in Flash before having him and Rory join the Legends. Hope you guys liked the sister moment between Sara and Laurel.