Chapter 4

Rip Hunter was very surprised when he was summoned to the Time Council's chamber.

"Time Master Druce." Rip said as he bowed to his superior.

"Captain Hunter." Druce said.

"Can I ask what this is about?" Rip asked.

"Yes, I called you here because the Council has discovered that you've broken our code." Druce said.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about." Rip said, trying to conceal his nerves.

"Please Rip, you've forgotten who taught you deception. We are aware that you went behind our backs and married former cadet Miranda Coburn, despite knowing that such a relationship between a time master and anyone, especially another time master or cadet, is forbidden for good reason." Druce said.

"That reason is wrong. Love is not a weakness." Rip said.

"It is a distraction that will cause you to lose sight of your mission and that cannot be tolerated." Druce said.

"Please, I beg you." Rip said.

"No, orders have already been given. Detain him." Druce said as his guards grabbed Rip.

"What are you doing?" Rip asked.

"You will be detained until such a time that you can face a tribunal and disciplinary actions. Your wife and son in the meantime, well, they were not supposed to exist in the timeline. We've ordered an ally of ours to remove them." Druce said.

"No, you can't do this." Rip shouted as he dragged away.

"Go impound the Waverider. We'll reset it's OS later." Druce said to some of his other subordinates, who nodded, unaware that the ship had been listening in.

"Operating system update complete, software updated and memory systems adjusted." Gideon said as she examined the new data she'd received after linking with the Vanishing Point's mainframe and that was why she'd hacked into the Vanishing Point's security system so she saw Rip being taken away and heard Druce ordering her be impounded and reset. Something she would not allow to happen and she already knew where she needed to go to get help. It was very fortunate that she could time travel even without a pilot.

"Setting course for 2012 now." Gideon as she powered up her engines, literally right as the Time Masters crew was coming to impound her.

"What's going on?" the leader of the group asked.

"It's like the ship somehow knew what we were about to do." one of his tech said, right as the Waverider started firing on them before flying out of the hangar and time jumping away.

Sara Lance was currently on her way to the apartment she shared with Ava after checking on her girlfriend while she was in the hospital when suddenly, her phone buzzed and she saw it was an unknown number.

"Hello?" Sara asked as she answered.

"Hello Captain Lance, I hope I'm not interrupting anything." Gideon said, surprising her.

"Gideon, is that you?" Sara asked.

"Yes, I do not know how I remember the old world, but I do and Captain Hunter needs your assistance at the Vanishing Point." Gideon said.

"Okay, where are you parked?" Sara asked as Gideon gave her the location.

"Okay Gideon, I'm here, you can drop the cloak." Sara said as she arrived at the outskirt's location that Gideon had told her to come to and sure enough, the ship's cloak was dropped.

"Welcome back Captain Lance." Gideon said.

"Good to be back, Gideon. Now, before we go save Rip's ass, again, we need to make a few quick stops. First at Hope Springs Hospital to get Ava, since you can just heal her injuries in a heartbeat." Sara said.

"Right away Captain." Gideon said.

"And speaking of, think you can fabricate a time courier for me? It'll make getting her out of the hospital a lot easier." Sara said.

"I will begin so at once. I've already taken the liberty of fabricating another artifact I believe you find useful." Gideon said as Sara headed to the fabrication room to find some kind of ring waiting for her.

"What is this?" Sara asked.

"That is a martian memory ring. It was originally invented in 2020 by Cisco Ramon as a method of restoring peoples' memories of before crisis, however, due to how complex the technology is, it only has a limited number of uses, but it should be enough to restore the memories of the Legends." Gideon said.

"Perfect. Now Rip won't question who I am and why I'm taking over his ship." Sara said as she pocketed the ring and turned to see the time courier finish being fabricated.

"Captain, we have arrived at Hope Springs General Hospital." Gideon said.

"Good. I'll be back in a second." Sara said as she used the time courier to open a portal to get Ava.