Chapter 5

"How does that feel Ms. Sharpe?" Gideon asked Ava as she finished healing all of Ava's injuries.

"Good as new. Thank you Gideon. I have missed this." Ava said, so relieved that she was not going to bedridden for the next few weeks.

"Captain Lance took the liberty of having me fabricate some clothes for you so you can change out of that hospital gown." Gideon said as Ava noticed the clothes sitting next to her seat in the Waverider's medbay.

"Thank you Gideon. Now, would you mind?" Ava asked.

"Shutting off surveillance cameras in the medbay now." Gideon said, since she was well aware that the Legends liked their privacy, which was why she'd already disabled surveillance in the compartments that would become the other crew members' living quarters.

"Thank you." Ava said as she started changing.

"Well, look who's all better." Sara said with a grin as she saw Ava walk onto the bridge.

"Yep. Any idea how it is that Gideon remembers the old reality?" Ava asked.

"Nope. Best guess, Novu had something to do with it. But anyways, I've been having Gideon run scenarios on possible rescue plans." Sara said.

"Wait, we're not recruiting the rest of the team first?" Ava asked.

"No, this is strictly a rescue mission. Once we get Rip on board, we'll restore his memories and recruit the rest of the Legends. After that, we'll return to the Vanishing Point to expose the Time Masters and restore free will to the universe." Sara said and Ava nodded in agreement.

"So, what have you come up with?" Ava asked.

"What we've got is a plan based on the original strategy Snart and I used to free Rip, Stein and Ray from the Time Masters the first time around. You'll use the Waverider to create a distraction by opening fire on the Vanishing Point while I use a time courier to portal into the detention center of the Vanishing Point and get to Rip, restore his memories so he'll trust me and then get him out of there and jump away before they know what hit them." Sara said.

"Sounds like as good a plan as any." Ava said as she walked out, likely to go get their room setup.

"Gideon, I need you to promise me something." Sara said.

"What is it, Captain?" Gideon asked.

"I want you to promise me that if this mission goes the way our missions usually go, that you'll get Ava out of there, even if Rip and I aren't on board." Sara said.

"Captain, I must protest this course of action." Gideon said.

"I understand Gideon and hopefully I'm just being paranoid, but, my family already thinks I'm dead, or at least, my parents do and if I want Ava to be able to tell Laurel if something goes wrong so she doesn't spend her life searching for me or waiting for me to come home." Sara said.

"Very well Captain, but I do not like this." Gideon said as she reluctantly obeyed Sara's order and created the protocol.

"Lover's Protocol established." Gideon said and Sara nodded.

"Good, now set a course for the Vanishing Point." Sara said.

"Course set, we are heading there now." Gideon said as Sara strapped into the pilot's seat.

"And Gideon, not a word to Ava about this." Sara said, knowing what the AI was thinking.

"Very well." Gideon said as the ship jumped away.