Chapter 3

Little question, who would you guys like to see join the Legends and of them, who's memories should be restored. Right now, I'm thinking that in terms of joining, it will be Ray, Nate, Rip (obviously), Mick, Snart and Zari. Anyone else you'd like to see, besides Constantine, since he will not be a Legend. And I am limiting the amount of people who's memories I restore, since I do admit that all you guys did have a point.

To say Sara was surprised when she arrived at the location the league member had given her was an understatement. Not because the bastard who was going to die for hurting Ava was there, that she was expecting. What she was not expecting was who else was with him.

"Nyssa." Sara said as she looked at her ex.

"I didn't want it to come to this, my beloved. But you left me no choice when you betrayed me." Nyssa said and now Sara understood. Attacking Ava hadn't just been the league trying to draw her out. It had been Nyssa making this personal.

"So you attacked Ava?" Sara asked angrily.

"You brought that pain on her when you chose her over me." Nyssa said and Sara glared at her.

"Ava didn't convince me to leave the League. I hated every minute I was a part of it. The constant killing, it chipped away at so much of my soul, I had to get out before I lost what was left. And honestly Nyssa, loving you, while I never lied about how I felt, the longer it went on, the more it began to feel like you were trying to force me to stay with the League just because you didn't want to be alone. You didn't care that I wasn't happy in the league, because my being there made you happy. That's not love. What I have with Ava, someone who was willing to abandon her whole life just to be with me, that's love." Sara said.

"You think I don't love you?" Nyssa asked.

"I think that you love the idea of me. Two different things. But Nyssa, please, I'm begging you, let me go before one of us does something we don't want to do." Sara begged and Nyssa sighed.

"I wish I could, but you have brought this on yourself Ta-er Al Safar." Nyssa said and Sara sighed.

"That's not my name. It never was. My name is Sara Lance. I'm tired of not being able to use it. But before we do this." Sara said as she pulled out a knife and tossed it into the throat of the league member with Nyssa.

"No witnesses." Sara said.

"One on one. You really think you can beat the person who taught you everything you know?" Nyssa asked.

"Let's find out." Sara said as unsheathed the sword she'd brought with her.

"Very well. But know that I take no pleasure in this." Nyssa said as she unsheathed her own sword and the two charged.

"Director Henshaw." was the first thing Ava said when she came too.

"Hello Agent Sharpe. Nice to see you're up." J'onn said with a smile from where he was sitting near her bedside.

"What happened?" Ava asked.

"You were jumped by a member of the League of Assassins." J'onn said.

"Wait, the league found us?" Ava asked.

"Yes and your girlfriend is currently dealing with it." J'onn said.

"I have to stop her." Ava said as she tried to move, only to be stopped by J'onn.

"You're not going anywhere until you've had time to heal. Besides, Sara can handle herself." J'onn said.

"How would you know that, you don't even know her." Ava said.

"Actually, I know her quite well." J'onn said as he sighed and then restored Ava's memories.

"I remember everything. Like how I was a Time Bureau agent, not a DEO agent." Ava said and J'onn chuckled.

"Changes in life. Sara asked me to restore your memories of the old world so she'd have more assurance that you'd come with her when she's recruited to the Legends." J'onn said.

"And would follow her in a heartbeat, since honestly, no offense, but I hate my job." Ava said and J'onn chuckled.

"Trust me, I'm well aware. But you did it well. And should things with the Legends not work out, you'll always have a place waiting for you at the DEO." J'onn said.

"Thank you. But you need to find Sara quickly, since I can remember who attacked me." Ava said.

"And?" J'onn asked.

"It was her ex-girlfriend, Nyssa al Ghul." Ava said and now J'onn was even more interested, since Thea had asked him to restore Nyssa al Ghul's memories.

"I'll go find them." J'onn said as he headed out.

Nyssa was very surprised by how skilled Sara was. Especially since she was actually beating her in combat.

"Nyssa, please yield." Sara begged, since while she was beating Nyssa, she was still holding back, since despite her having hurt Ava, Sara still didn't want to hurt her, since Nyssa had helped her realize a truth about herself and for that, she was grateful.

"You know I won't do that Sara. You know how this will end." Nyssa said as their blades clashed again, this time with sparks flying as they did.

"Not if I can help it." a new voice said as suddenly, J'onn in his martian form landed behind Nyssa, phasing through her strike at him to restore her memories.

"Sara." Nyssa said as she dropped her sword and fell to the ground.

"Nyssa, are you okay?" Sara asked as Nyssa got to her feet

"Yes, I just needed a moment to get my bearings back. I'm so sorry Sara." Nyssa said.

"It wasn't you who attacked Ava. Or I guess it was, this whole thing is complicated." Sara said and Nyssa chuckled.

"Yes, but that is not what I meant. I'm sorry because you were right about how I treated you. I never truly saw how unhappy you were, I just told myself you were happy with me because I didn't want to be alone in Nanda Parbat." Nyssa said.

"If you want to make up for it, release me from the League now like you did before, then go to Star City and find Oliver. He killed your father once, he can do it again." Sara said.

"And in doing so, he made an enemy out of my sister, who created one of his worst enemies. I will go to Oliver for help, but I won't make him. But Ta-er Al Safar, in the name of my father, Ra's al Ghul, I release you from your obligation to the League. You can reclaim your previous and your past life." Nyssa said and Sara smiled at her sadly.

"Thank you Nyssa. I hope that someday, you will find what you're looking for." Sara said and Nyssa nodded, though she was actually thinking of a different Queen who's help she could enlist.

"I'll take my leave." Nyssa said as she walked away.

"Thank you J'onn." Sara said.

"You're welcome and Ava is up and her memories have been restored. Want a lift back to the hospital?" J'onn asked.

"Please do." Sara said as she allowed J'onn to wrap his arm around her waist and flew off towards the hospital.