Chapter 6

"Captain, you do realize there is a very slim chance of this plan actually succeeding, correct? Not only is there a very good chance that the Time Masters know we are coming, but based on my memories of the last time we attempted this, there is a very good chance they will take automated control of my systems the second they detect us." Gideon said.

"That is a very good point. We need a way to shield our systems against the time masters control otherwise we might as well cancel the whole rescue." Sara said.

"Well, then, perhaps it's time to remind you of one of Mr. Snart's favorite catchphrases." Gideon said.

"Which one?" Sara asked as she briefly thought of her ex-lover and quickly realized how fortunate it was that Ava and that Snart had never met, since there was a good chance that Snart would've been shoved into the temporal zone.

"Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails... throw away the plan." Gideon said.

"Sounds like him and sounds about right for the Legends." Sara said.

"I'm guessing this means we'll be terminating Lover's Protocol?" Gideon asked hopefully.

"More like putting it on the backburner. I guess Rip will have to wait a bit longer. Luckily, time doesn't exist where he is, so there's no rush." Sara said.

"You just want to punish him don't you?" Gideon asked, a bit of amusement in her voice as she said it.

"He sent me to the Salem Witch Trials, where I was nearly burned at the stake, he actually killed me, though can't really blame him for that considering he was brainwashed, but still, he shut down the Legends and turned you into a training simulator, despite all the history he has with you, he manipulated us and then let the man who killed my sister be brought back to life, yes, I think it's high past time he got what he deserved." Sara said.

"Mr. Rory would be very pleased to hear you say this." Gideon said.

"Pleased to hear you say what?" Ava asked as she returned to the bridge.

"That we're changing the plan and leaving Rip at the Vanishing Point a bit longer." Sara said.

"Why?" Ava asked.

"Because Gideon pointed out that the second we get to the Vanishing Point, the Time Masters will just take control of our systems again and I'm not risking using the Time Courier to portal in without some kind of distraction." Sara said.

"So, we're scrapping the original plan?" Ava asked and Sara nodded.

"And instead, we're doing some recruiting. Gideon, locate the Legends." Sara said.

"I already have captain. My first recommendation would be Mr. Jackson." Gideon said.

"What about Stein?" Sara asked.

"According to my records of this version of history, in this universe, Jefferson Jackson became a solo Firestorm, without requiring the need to merge with Martin Stein." Gideon said.

"Wait, that doesn't make any sense, I thought Stein said that he and Jax needed to merge periodically in order to keep the matrix stable." Sara asked.

"Things are different in this reality. In this universe, Jefferson Jackson was the one who merged with the Firestorm matrix, not Martin Stein." Gideon said.

"Then how come he doesn't need another half?" Ava asked.

"According to my timeline data, it is because while he is not half of Firestorm, Professor Stein does still play a role in firestorm. He felt responsible for Mr. Jackson's condition and resolved to find a way to help him and as such, developed the Firestorm suit to help stabilize the Firestorm Matrix into Mr. Jackson's body." Gideon replied.

"So now we get Firestorm without having to worry about Stein dying. Bonus." Sara said.

"However, I feel it is worth noting that Firestorm's existence drew the attention of US General Wade Eiling." Gideon said and Sara growled, since Stein had told them about Eiling and what he'd done to him.

"Get us a location on him and then begin fabricating us whatever credentials we'll need to infiltrate the base and get both Jax and Stein out of there. I'm sure that even if Stein isn't going to be a Legend again, he'll want to take advantage of your lab to help develop a more effective solution to stabilizing Jax." Sara said.

"Right away captain." Gideon said.

"Strap in." Sara said as she and Ava took their seats as the ship jumped away.