13. A beautiful day

POV Haziran

I don't know why I'm feeling so nervous and yet... I am. Here I am running around every corner of the apartment which seems to fascinate Poyraz who, sitting on the sofa with a book in hand, has stopped reading to watch me do it.

- Hayatim ? He finally asks in a soft voice.

I freeze in the middle of the room and turn to him, raising a questioning eyebrow.

- Can I ask you why you're so nervous about a shopping' afternoon with the girls ? I mean... For Melisa and Biricik to be nervous would be understandable. Even Idil, by the way, who will find herself in the midst of people she has betrayed and will have to make superhuman efforts to make everything forget. But why are you nervous ?

- Because I'm the one who will find herself in the middle of everyone ! I exclaim like it's obvious. And do you know what that means ?

- No ? He answers cautiously.

- That it will be my role to smooth things over, to ease the atmosphere, to make everyone laugh, to...

- Tamam, tamam ! He interrupts me by standing up, dropping the book on the sofa. Come here.

I walk towards him as he does the same, finding us halfway. He smiled tenderly at me, pushing my hair back from my face to catch it in his hands, cupping my jaws, his thumbs caressing my cheeks in appeasing circles.

- Don't put so much pressure on yourself, you're not a magician, you cann't fix everything with a wave of a magic wand. And I'm not even sure that's your role.

- Yes, but...

- Hayatim, breath.

I comply and take a deep breath.

- Here, do you feel better ?

I nod slightly but with a nervous smile.

- That's their initiative, isn't it ? They were the ones who wanted to spend time together to make it all right between them again, so there is no reason it could go wrong.

- I know but... they're both my friends and it's hard to be in the middle.

- I understand. He assures. I've been between Melisa and Alper if you remember.

I pout, nodding again before I slip into his arms, curling up against his chest and closing my arms tightly around him. His chest shakes me a little when he laughs lightly as he closes his arms around me, stroking my back and kissing my hair.

- My baby girl. He tease me.

- Can't I just stay here ? Everything seems easier in your arms.

- It'll be alright. And tell yourself that, when you get home, we're going to spend the evening just you and me.

- That's an idea that appeals to me. I admit.

- To me too. A lot.

He keeps me in his arms for a moment longer before telling me :

- You're gonna be late.

I sigh, pulling away from him just enough to be able to look at him.

- I know. I admit, still pouting.

- Haziran Özgür, you're not the kind of woman to run away from difficulties or challanges, you always go for it head high.

- It's true. I sigh.

I pull myself up on tiptoe to kiss his lips before I pull myself away from him to grab my purse and head to the door.

- Haziran ! He calls me, stopping me in my tracks.