16. Hospital

POV Haziran

Uncomfortable, I stare at my "mother-in-law". She seems restless, biting her nail.

" You should leave before Poyraz arrives and finds you here. " I try.

" No, I'm not leaving you alone. " She assures.

" It won't help if he finds you here when he arrives when he doesn't even know you're in town. "

" It's not the priority. Right now, the priority is you and your health. "

" I'm fine. "

" We'll see that. "

If only I had thought of taking my cell phone, I could have sent him a message to warn him...

.

POV Poyraz

I finally make it to the hospital, it only took a few minutes but I feel like it's been hours since the nurse called me. I drove like crazy, then ran from the car to the front desk, where I was told Haziran had been moved from the ER to a room for testing, and now I'm running again to the room in question.

When I push the door open, all I see is Haziran sitting on the bed in the middle of the room, the bed next to her is empty. She seems to be fine, she is very pale compared to usual, but other than that she looks fine. I rush over to her and grab her face in my hands, inspecting her carefully with my gaze as if to verify that everything is okay. She gives me a faint smile that wants to be reassuring but doesn't reach her eyes. Eyes that keep looking behind me, but I'm too preoccupied to care.

" I'm fine, I assure you. " She said, circling my wrists with her hands and stroking them gently with her thumbs.

" What happened ? "

" I felt a little dizzy... We are waiting for now... They just gave me a blood test, took my blood pressure and we are waiting for the doctor who is due to come and ask me questions. "

" We ? " I repeat with incomprehension.

Haziran's gaze deviates behind me again, but this time I really notice it and follow it, looking over my shoulder. To say I'm shocked to see Ayten here, in this bedroom, with Haziran, would be the understatement of the century. Stunned, my hands leave Haziran's face but she grabs them and rests them on her legs, squeezing them tight.

" I thought you were gone. " I point out in a cold voice.

" I didn't have a choice for work but... I wanted to talk to you so I came back as soon as possible. "

" You shouldn't have. " I state. " And what are you doing in this room? "

" She's the one who brought me here. " Haziran responds a bit too quickly, I return my gaze to her.

" What ? "

" We passed each other in the street and I felt bad. I told her that it happened to me sometimes, that it was nothing serious and that it would be okay but she insisted that I come here. "

" I told myself that if it often happened to her it certainly wasn't that normal and that it was better to do some tests. " Ayten explains, staring uncomfortably at her feet.

I stare at Haziran, trying to understand why she hasn't told me about it. I also feel guilty that I didn't even realize it... We've been so busy lately, maybe I haven't paid enough attention to her, or maybe I haven't been available enough for her to talk to me. I can't guess what she's thinking because she isn't looking at me, she stubbornly keeps her eyes fixed on our hands.

" Why didn't you tell me you weren't feeling well ? We would have come before and together. "

" I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, it's nothing serious. "