Episode 52

Yesterday was a long day for Sarang. She woke up to the sound of noises coming from outside of her room. She washed up and walked out of her room. The smell. She would be happy to smell it if only.....

" What are you doing?" Sarang asked when she saw Sehun cooking in the kitchen.

"Oh you are awake. Come sit here, I have prepared a meal for you."
"Meal?"
"Yes, since you woke up late, lunch will do for your empty stomach."
Sarang smiles at his thoughtful deed.

"Main dish of the meal is..."

Kimchi Stew Sarang keeps it to herself.

"Kimchi Stew, I hope you like it. This is the only proper dish that I can cook. And it is such a shame that you couldn't taste it earlier even though  we spent together for nearly 6 months." Sehun said as he prepared the plate, utensils for her.

It would be a nice act if he did it earlier. But after having heard what Ire said yesterday, Sarang couldn't be happy for this lovingly act. She just sighed.

" You don't like Kimchi Stew?" Sehun asked as if he noticed something. Sarang could not be cruel enough to reject the food after seeing how excited and happy Sehun's face looks.

" No, no. I really want to taste it."
" I wish I don't disappoint you."
" I am happy that you cook them for me." What Sarang said comes from her heart. She has this with her that when someone put effort in cooking for someone, it is not just a food. It is love and compassion. That is what her father told to her when she was young and got her very first meal prepared by her busy dad.

Still, she couldn't get the voice of Ire out if her head. It is just like a curse. Why couldn't I be happy fully when I get a good thing? She thought.

Sehun carefully watched the way she eats. Sehun looks happy seeing the sight of his girl enjoying the dish he prepared for her. He is too innocent to know what Sarang had in her mind. If only they can truly understand each other...

"How does it taste?"

Sarang couldn't give an answer immediately as she is too busy processing her feeling than the taste of Kimchi Stew.

She tried to blurted out " it is really gwa..." a hoarse voice comes out as she choked when swallowing the food.
"Oh no.... I will get you water."

"Here is the water. Are you okay? Is it too spicy?"
She shook her head as she poured water into her throat.
"Easy..easy. Are you okay now?"
Sehun feels bad. Sarang also feels bad to make Sehun feel this way.

"I am sorry I forced you to eat," Sehun said while he drew the bowl from Sarang " you don't have to eat if you don't want to."
" No No I want to eat it, really." Sarang said as she take the bowl back.

Sarang decided to finish the food The food doesn't make any mistakes as she said it to herself.

" Come join me. Let's dig in."
Sehun beamed at Sarang as he picked up his utensils.

"You remind me of my dad." Sarang stated.
"Really, why?"
Sarang wanted to quote what her dad said but she didn't talk about it.
"It is just he made me foods too often. Like once." But it was not Sarang intended to say.
"I should have made you foods more often."
"No no that is not what I wanted to say. I mean" argh why did I mess up, Sarang scolded herself.
" I am just kidding. Relax" Sehun eased her as he noticed her being overwhelmed, "but I mean it when I say I want to make you more foods."

Sarang finally gave him a real smile because Sehun gave her a reason to get a real smile.
"You know I once heard it....," Sehun conveyed as he placed the meat from the bowl to Sarang's plate, " I expect you might have heard it from somewhere too." "What is it?"
"When someone put effort in cooking for someone, it is not just a food. It is love and compassion." Sehun looked at Sarang while he picked up the food and put it onto her plate.
Sarang smiled against his words. It makes her warm. " Yes I heard it." " Oh you really did?" "Yes, from my dad. It was when I got a meal prepared by my dad for very first and last time." "I see."
"You remind me of him." " Do you miss him a lot? You want to give a visit to your parent's home?"
" No, it is fine."
After thinking for a while, Sehun said,
"You want to go out with me today?"
"Why all the sudden?" Sarang asked.
"The place is not somewhere special. I just want to take you out, how you think?"he asked.
Sarang nodded at him. She have no idea where Sehun will take her to but she is just happy by the idea of being with him. He prepared the meal, although it is something suggested by Ire, and he will take her out too. She thought she can get Ire's words out of her head.

After having a meal, Sarang spent a good time to choose the dress and make up. "I am all ready. You can take me out now." Sarang said as she saw Sehun waiting for her.
"You look so pretty and  happy."
" Do I?"
Sehun nodded and his hand reached her to hold hers, " let's go."

They both headed to their car,
" Do you want ice cream on the way?"
" No, it is too early. But I might want it on the way back home." " okay, let's have it later then."
" where are you taking me by the way?"
" it is a secret." They both laughed as they get into the car and set forth.

Sarang's head is free from the toxic thoughts for a time being. Poor Sarang thought she can really dismiss the thoughts until .....

////

Hello guys, I am a full time employee now. So, bare with me for updates as you usually do. But I always keep in mind that you guys are still there waiting for updates. So, I will try my best to finish the book.  I think there will be only approximately 6 or 7 chapters left. Till then, Enjoy reading ! 💟 Thank you.
Plus, support uri actor Sehunnie ♥️