friendsgiving (ds)

"shit shit shit" you cursed under your breath as you pulled the dish out of the oven. The burnt smell of stuffing filling your nose.

You placed it on the counter and took off your gloves with a huff, throwing your head back. "Woah woah what's the problem baby?"

Drew walked in freshly showered and running a towel through his hair. "I left it in too long." You mumbled, brushing the hair away from your face.

"Hey it's okay, we bought an extra bag we can start over." He placed the towel down and walked over to you, pulling you into a hug.

You let out a deep breath feeling his hands rubbing up and down your back, calming you instantly. "Why are you so stressed?" He asked after placing a kiss on your head.

"It's my first time meeting your friends and I'm just nervous, I want them to like me." You spoke into his chest.

The cast was filming a few more scenes so they all decided to do thanksgiving together and they would finally get to meet you, Drew's new girlfriend.

They had heard so much about you but never got to actually meet you because you were both so busy with your work.

"Believe me, they already love you... they won't shut up about you." He let out a breathy laugh. You pulled away from him resting your hands on his shoulders now.

"Okay. Now please help me with this before I have a nervous breakdown." You smiled looking into his eyes.

"I'll be your sous-chef." And with that the two of you got to work, having him help you made you feel so much better. He had such a calm demeanor, he always knew how to make you feel better.

"Okay we're pretty much done why don't you go ahead and finish getting ready, I've got this." He shooed you away with a wink.

You fixed up your make up and hair before getting dressed. You decided on wearing a simple pair of jeans and a white sweater.

Once looking yourself over once more you headed back into the living room. Drew was finishing up setting the table and you smiled to yourself.

"I'm impressed baby!" You placed your hands on your hips as you walked toward the table admiring the decorations.

"Why thank you" he smiled as he admired his work. There was a knock at the door that immediately made your stomach drop.

"You're fine y/n/n." He assured you once more before the two of you headed to the door. You stood a bit behind Drew, wanting to let him talk first.

The first here were Maddie and Chase holding some flowers and a bottle of wine. Maddie's eyes practically lit up and her mouth opened wide in a smile.

"y/n!" She squealed pushing Chase aside and coming to hug you. Seeing how excited she was made you feel better and you instantly hugged her back.

"Ugh I'm so happy to finally meet you!" You both pulled back and smiled, "Me too, I'm so excited to finally be here!"

You greeted Chase as well, Drew was smiling so big seeing how naturally you spoke with his friends. You headed into the kitchen and poured some glasses of wine, snacking on an appetizer the couple brought.

For the next half hour the rest of the cast trickled in, and with each new person that entered your nerves were practically gone.

"No seriously it might've been the funniest thing I've ever seen." You and Maddy were laughing at a story she was telling you.

"What are we talking about over here?" Drew slung his arm around your shoulder taking a sip of wine. "The time you did karaoke when you were wasted!"

You couldn't help but laugh again, imagining Drew belting out a song. He rolled his eyes "okay okay you don't have to tell her every embarrassing story!" He complained.

"Oh I'm noooowhere near done with the stories." Maddy laughed and grabbed your hand pulling you away from Drew.

Everyone made their way over to the table and you were happy to find your way back to Drew, who had pulled your chair out for you to sit.

"Damn guys this looks so good." Rudy practically drooled over the food and everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

With several wine glasses down you had felt brave enough to stand and speak. "I just wanna say thank you guys for being here and so welcoming to me. I'm so grateful to be surrounded by such amazing people."

Everyone had a smile on their face as they lifted their glasses and cheered. When you sat back down Drew placed a hand on your thigh, gently squeezing it, as if to say thank you.

You looked at him with a smile and he placed a quick kiss on your cheek before you both dove into the food.

The rest of the night was spent laughing, playing games, and more wine. You and both the girls had already made a million plans to hang out while you were visiting.

Once everyone had left you and Drew plopped onto the couch, tired from the long night. You leaned your head on his shoulder letting out a yawn.

"Told you they would love you." Drew laughed as you smacked his arm jokingly. "Yeah yeah you were right, can we go to bed now?"

You asked feeling your eyelids get droopier by the second. "Of course." You giggled as he picked you up bridal style and carried you to the bedroom.

You changed into one of his t shirts and snuggled under the covers with him. "I love you." You whispered into the darkness.

"I love you too y/n... but next time someone else is hosting." You both laughed, quickly falling asleep tangled up in each other's arms.

a/n: this is so sucky but happy thanksgiving to those who celebrate, hope everyone had a great day <3