nurse (ds)

Requested by @kayleeiscool9 🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼

"Owww" You grumbled, curling your body into itself on the not so comfortable trailer couch. "Tell me about it." Madelyn responded, before blowing her nose violently. As you both sat in self-pity, jd knocked on the trailer door before entering.

"Ew." He started, to which you gave an annoyed face, he was sick too after all. "Jonas said we'll take the weekend off since everyone is feeling bad." You felt a weight lift from your shoulders.

You of course felt bad that you couldn't do your job but you were glad it wasn't just you. Everyone had gotten sick, and it wasn't covid because everyone tested negative. Just some bug that was wreaking havoc on the cast.

Except for one lucky member, Drew. Not only did he work with the sick people, you and him lived together. So it was a bit surprising he hadn't been hit with anything. jd took some of the medicine you had brought before leaving set.

Soon after Madelyn also left, and you quickly fell asleep. You were tossing and turning with the blanket, feeling like your body was on fire one minute then shivering the next.

"Baby?" You heard his voice and the gentle click of the trailer door shutting. You grumbled out a reply and tried to sit up, rubbing your eyes. He sat down next to you and pushed the hair away from your face.

His lips were in a small pout and there was a crease of concern between his eyebrows. "Shit you're burning up, let's get you home yeah?" He smiled sweetly, trying his best to make you feel better.

You took some medicine first in order to bring your fever down. You gathered up your bags, which Drew insisted on taking, and went to the car. The drive home was fairly quick, and you already felt your fever dropping.

"Got it?" Drew asked, standing behind you on the staircase and watching every move you made. You huffed out a small laugh, "yeah baby I can walk." He rolled his eyes at you, amused. Once through the door you kicked your shoes off and made your way to the couch.

He put your stuff down before coming up from behind the couch. He bent down and wrapped his arms around your shoulders, his chin resting on the top of your head. "I don't wanna get you sick!" You protested, but made no effort to move away from his grasp.

"I'm indestructible remember?" He joked, placing a kiss on the top of your head. "I'll go run you a bath." You watched as he left to your shared bathroom. Noticing that you still had jeans on, you stood up, needed comfier clothes asap.

You grabbed your pajama set from your drawers and pulled your hair up into a bun. You walked to the bathroom just as he turned off the water. You could smell the lavender bath salts and the relaxing aroma engulfed you.

You stripped out of your clothes and stepped into the tub, sighing contently as you dipped in further. Drew had grabbed his laptop and propped it open on the side of the counter, putting on the show the two of you had been watching.

He sat in a chair next to the bath, eyes fixed on the computer screen and his lips pouted as he watched keenly. You smiled a bit to yourself, feeling so lucky to be with someone as amazing as Drew.

He looked back every couple minutes to make sure you were alright. After a while you could see his head struggling to stay up, sleep desperately trying to pull him under. You rubbed the back of his arm lightly.

"Go get in bed, I can get out by myself fine." He rubbed his eyes trying to seem like he wasn't at all tired, "nah I'm okay." You raised one eyebrow up at him, the face you made when you meant business.

He chuckled lightly, "Okay fine... but holler if you need anything." He leaned forward and placed a kiss on your forehead before leaving the bathroom. You soaked for a while longer, switching to a different show so that you and Drew would still be on the same episode.

You could feel your fever picking back up so you carefully dried off and got into the pajama set your grabbed earlier. You took some more medicine and downed a glass a water. Your heart warmed at the sight in your bedroom.

Drew was passed out, legs stretched out and his lips slightly parted. You noticed some things on your nightstand and walked closer. There was a ginger ale, some crackers, medicine, and a note.

'wake me if you need ANYTHING. I love you'

You smiled as you crawled under the covers, and scooted closer to him. Even half asleep he pulled you closer and lightly rubbed your arm. "Good night" he whispered into your hair. You returned the words and snuggled up to him.