see you later (ds)

You were cuddled up next to Drew in your shared South Carolina apartment. Currently binge watching a show with your legs wrapped around his.

Tomorrow he would be flying out for season three filming. You knew how excited he was but you were sad he had to go.

You were happy for him and made sure to tell him how proud you were. But he could see in your eyes you were upset.

You hummed contently as Drew ran his hand up and down your back as you snuggled further on his chest. He smiled down at you and placed a kiss in your hair.

You couldn't help the feeling of tears coming to your eyes. You quickly sniffled squeezing your eyes hoping it would go away.

"Baby." Drew adjusted, pulling you up to face him. You buried your head in your hands falling into his arms.

No more words needed to be spoken, you both knew what was going through the others mind.

You finally looked up to see Drew misty eyed and you gave him a sad smile, rubbing your thumb along his cheek.

He smiled back, laughing at the both of you moping. "M'gonna miss ya." You whispered. He let out a deep sigh, "gonna miss you too."

"I'll try to come visit in a few weeks." You smiled trying to bring positivity to the both of you. He nodded pulling your face up to his, placing his lips over yours.

You sighed into the kiss, furrowing your eyebrows trying to take in and keep the feeling of him. His hands were placed on either side of your face, your hands delicately wrapped around his wrists.

Doing anything you could to get closer even though you were skin to skin. "It's just see you later." He spoke pulling back and kissing your forehead.

You two never wanted to say goodbye to each other so you made sure to always say see you later, something you started doing during season one filming.

"C'mere." Drew wrapped his arms around you and you placed your head on his chest. Your palm splayed on his torso while you fell asleep listening to his heart beat.

When you woke up the next morning you practically clung to him the entire morning and all the way to the airport.

Hugging him while he sipped on his morning coffee. Standing by his side when you both brushed your teeth. Fixing his hair for him and placing the gold ring on his finger. Your hand intertwined over the console in the car.

You parked so you could walk him inside and see him up until the last second. He checked his bag and printed his boarding pass before turning to you with sympathetic eyes.

"I'm only a call away baby." He reminded you and you nodded your head in the crook of his neck. "I know." You wrapped your arms tightly around his neck and his were wrapped tightly around your torso.

He lifted you off the ground, swaying you back and forth slightly. He pulled his head back and kissed your cheek a few times until you turned your head to kiss his lips.

He set you down keeping a firm grip on your waist, "see you later y/n/n." Your tears now dangerously close to spilling. "See you later baby." Your voice cracked as you spoke.

After pulling him in for one last kiss you dropped his hand and watched as he walked to security. He turned around giving you a little wave as his figure grew further from you.

When you finally couldn't see him anymore you turned around started walking back to the car, letting yourself cry. Your phone buzzed in your pocket,

Drew

see you later my love

miss you already

I love you

y/n

see you later babe

I love you more

After a quite depressing drive home you were surprised to see something on your doorstep when you rounded the corner of the hallway.

There was a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a small teddy bear. You had to hold back a sob already knowing it was from him.

You brought them inside before pulling out and reading the small note.

Always with you even when I'm not -Drew

You put the flowers in a vase and sat on the couch with the teddy bear. Drew couldn't help but FaceTime you once he was at his gate waiting.

You talked until he boarded and you got to work coordinating a time to go and visit him. After all it's just a see you later.

a/n: in honor of the cast starting filming for season 3!! sorry this was so emo <3