back in town (rc)

You hopped out of the twinkie, your feet kicking up some dirt as they hit the ground. You stretched your arms out and smiled up at the sun while breathing in the fresh air.

"Go ahead in, I got your bag!" John b told you as he opened his own door. You thanked him before walking inside. John b is your cousin and you had come to spend the summer with him and his friends.

You used to live here when you were younger but moved away due to your dad getting a new job. You tried to visit as often as you could, usually a few times a year. You opened the screen door to find the other pogues sitting around.

They all turned their heads to you and smiles stretched across their faces. "y/n!" Kiara shot up first pulling you in for a hug. "Hey Kie." You smiled wrapping your arms around her shoulders.

Pope stood behind you smiling and waiting his turn. "We missed you." Pope spoke as you hugged him. "I know I missed y'all too!" JJ stood a few feet away, his jaw hung open.

"Am I dreaming or is the love of my life standing in the living room?" He acted dumbfounded as Kiara and Pope rolled their eyes.

You threw your head back laughing, "Hi JJ." You held your arms open and he quickly scooped you up in a hug. JJ had a crush on you ever since you were little kids, you're a few years older than him so he knew it would never happen. It turned into a sort of inside joke though and you loved him like a little brother.

John b entered and put your bags down before joining the group. "You're here the whole summer yeah?" Pope asked sitting back down on the couch. "Yep!" You answered excitedly.

John b had been suffering with the loss of his dad and although he tried to act tough, you knew how badly he was hurting.

You wished you could make it better but you hoped just being here would help. You were glad to be able to spend time with him and his friends.

You fell back onto the couch sighing, "so what have I missed?" You asked, eager to hear about what has been going on back in obx. 

You talked for hours when, "Sarah Cameron?" You yelled at your cousin as a blush covered his cheeks. "That's how we reacted." Kiara joked pointing to the others. 

You were surprised to hear that John b was in a relationship with the kook princess of all people. Her older brother Rafe was in your grade when you went to school here and you knew little about them, just what you saw and heard when you came to visit.

"She's actually really cool." Pope smiled and JJ nodded. "Didn't see that coming... but I'm happy you're happy." You scooted closer to John b pulling him into a hug. 

"Okay mushy mushy, we gonna get drunk or what?" JJ smirked at everyone. They were telling you about a party at the boneyard earlier. Looking at the time now it was gonna get dark soon. 

You changed into a bikini and denim shorts before throwing a sweatshirt on just incase. The sun started to set as you walked across the beach, arm in arm with Kie. 

You all made a beeline to the coolers and keg, grabbing drinks before they were all gone. You were all standing around and chatting as John b suddenly was hyper focused on something behind you. 

You looked over your shoulder to see Sarah walking onto the sand, her brother and friends trailing behind. Sarah instantly smiled seeing John b and jogged towards y'all. 

She threw her arms around him in a hug and said hey to the others before her eyes landed on you. "Oh my gosh! y/n right?" She didn't even hesitate to pull you in for a hug. Clearly John b had talked about you enough for her to know.