by your side (ds)

You looked into the small compact mirror for the third time in only five minutes. It was your first day of press for obx.

You were incredibly nervous, never having done something like this before. You joined the show just as it became wildly popular, changing your life practically overnight.

You play a long lost Maybank sister, who comes into the pogues lives to help find the gold. You thankfully clicked with the cast instantly, some more than others.

Drew quickly became your best friend on set. Somehow you always ended up being called in at the same times and it allowed you to get to know each other well.

While there wasn't a label on anything yet, you were happy with where you stood. The rest of the cast had their suspicions but never said anything, they simply shared knowing glances with each other.

You snapped the mirror shut, thanking one of the make up girls as she took it with her behind the cameras.

Drew instantly could tell something was off, you could barely sit still. He snuck sideways glances at you, watching as you chewed your bottom lip or picked at your fingernails.

He was sitting to the left of you, the both of you sitting in the second row of chairs behind some of the others.

He was snapped out of his thoughts as the interviewer started speaking. "And I'm here with the wonderful cast of Outer Banks! So glad you are all here!" Everyone smiled and said their thanks.

The interviewer asked mainly Chase and Madelyn questions, especially about their relationship both on and off screen.

You smiled down at them, hoping you appeared calm but you could hear your heartbeat in your ears.

"So y/n tell me, what has it been like joining the show, especially since they're already such a tight nit group!" Drew narrowed his eyes slightly at the interviewer, not liking how she worded the question.

"Oh um-" You started, trying to collect your thoughts. All of a sudden Drew's hand was lightly resting on your thigh, drawing small circles with his thumb.

You glanced at him quickly and noticed the sweet smile, his clear reassurance giving you the confidence you needed.

"It's amazing. I am so lucky to work with not just wonderful actors who are great at their job, but who are wonderful people too." Madison let out an 'aww' at your words, bringing her hands up to her heart.

"That's wonderful!" The interviewer smiled before moving onto other questions. You expected Drew to pull away but he didn't budge. Not that you were complaining.

Even when getting asked his own questions, he kept his hand there. Squeezing your leg every so often to remind you he was there.

After a few more questions and some photo's you all had a small break before interviewing with a different show. You grabbed one of the small water bottles and sat down on the couch, Drew following.

"You doing okay?" He asked, looking for any signs on your face as to how you were feeling. "Yeah I feel a lot better, thank you." You smiled and placed your hand on his shoulder.

He shrugged and gave you a smug smile, "what else are friends for?" You tried to seem unaffected by the term friend but it clearly showed on your face.

It was just a second before you recovered but Drew noticed. He felt his stomach drop, now knowing that you felt similar to him.

"How about," He started, brushing some stray hairs away from your face. "when things calm down a bit I take you out. On a proper date." He raised one eyebrow at you in question.

"I would love that." You smiled, beaming at him. He nodded his head once as his smile grew. "And hey, I know it's kinda scary doing press but I'm here okay? Just give me a look if you need me."

"Thank you, that means a lot." You smiled just as Rudy called you both over. He gave you a quick wink as he stood, holding his hand out for yours.

You looked up at him and placed your hand in his, laughing as he pulled you up. Your nerves seemed to dissipate practically instantly, but either way you knew you had Drew on your side.