Prologue

Loki sat on his armchair, finishing a book, one of his favorite pastimes aside from pranking and tricking others, particularly his brother and friends. He recently met one of his "annoying" brother's friends, the Princess of Vanaheim, Kara Vidarrdóttir. He remembered her as a child, when she was annoying and constantly clung to Thor's side.

Things changed for Loki the day she arrived at the palace. He no longer saw her as a child, but as a beautiful young woman. She came back to join the court as Mistress Sorceress of Vanaheim, she was now well known throughout Asgard. LOki however found a new victim for his pranks and as one of Thor's friends. Kara received a welcome gift from him, and the first prank was a success, but he did not expect her to reciprocate the gesture. After that, it became a game between them to see who could prank or trick the other the best. But pranking her has become a challenge for him due to her cunningness and mischievousness.

He sat there, smiling to himself as he remembered Kara's prank on him. He was bored and annoyed for getting grounded for causing trouble yet again. It was an accident this time; they didn't intend to blow up the west wing.

"How come I can't concentrate on this book!"Loki exclaimed, "I wonder what Kara is up to," he sighed. They both agreed to a truce after the accident, and he intends to keep his word, especially after his mother chastised both in court.

"Perhaps I should read a spell book," he suggests to himself trying to distract his boredom. Loki reached for a book at the top of the bookshelf, but it was stuck for some strange reason. He yanked it off the bookshelf with all his might, looking up to see a cloud forming over him.

"Damn, little minx got me!" As ink poured out of the cloud, drenching his clothes and staining parts of his skin, he smirked. This was exactly what he was looking for: an opportunity to retaliate.

"KARA!!!!" Loki stormed out of his room, intent on finding the princess. He storms down the hall in search of her. He was walking down the garden corridor when he heard a voice. She was sitting on the floor, completely unaware of him.

He looked at her and his heart skipped a beat. He was overjoyed to have found her alone. He watched her as she worked her magic, which she did so gracefully and enticingly. Her hair fell in careless waves to her waist, the color resembling chestnuts to him. For several heartbeats, he was lost in her sweet voice.

"Hello Lokes, would you like to help me practice?" She didn't turn around because she sensed his presence.

His lips curved as he watched her "Kara's. I thought we'd reached an agreement."

Kara chuckled as she kept her back to him "I've done nothing wrong, and whatever you're blaming me for, it wasn't me. I promise your mother and my father that my days of pranking are over." She continued to focus on the flower, not making eye contact with Loki.

He couldn't stand the fact that she sat there and lied to him. "You are unbearable, Kara! Take a look at me! I'm splattered with ink, and I know it was your fault. I felt your magic all over the spell."

Kara froze for a split second, realizing she'd forgotten to remove the spell from the dusty old spell book. She slowly rotates to face him. It was hilarious to see him covered in ink. She let out a small chuckle, covered her mouth, and composed herself.

"I sincerely apologize, Lokes; I swear to you, I thought I had removed all of my tricks and pranks from your room." She stifled her laughter.

"Well, I guess my clothes are ruined." Her laugh was like honey to his ears, and he didn't want to be angry; he just wanted to hold her. "But I'll forgive you; just come here and hug me, and our truce will be preserved."

"Pft! You must be joking. This is a new dress!" She rose from the ground and took a step back. Her eyes were wide and heavily lashed, and she was nearly as tall and slender as he was. Her simple blue gown demonstrated taste and style, as well as subtle curves.